Late hello but thankful

Options
maxfliart
maxfliart Posts: 5 Member
edited October 2017 in Introduce Yourself
I was on MFP a few years ago in anticipation of my daughter's island wedding, wanting to drop a few and look more like my old self. Worked quite well, lost 15 and felt a lot better. Five years later, the lbs slowly returned, so in my 50s, I felt...if not now, when? Back in college I was 160-162lbs on a 6'1" frame. Typical thin and tall youth. When I hit the scale at 196.5 this past Feb, I decided enough was enough, so I went with the goal of dropping 1.5 a week and perhaps hit the high 170s. Methodical and focused (I work at home) I lived by the MFP app, eating healthy, while also doing a few core exercises for 20-25 mins each day. With the exercise bonus calories, I was on 1200-1500 per day.
Within five weeks I was at 182. Five weeks after that I hit 170. Two months later I reached my college weigh of 161, felt great...lighter with a more ease of motion. I now run/walk three miles each morning. Dropped from a 36" waist to 32". Since July I've stayed at 160-164...and have no intension of going back to the 190s. Bonus is a new wardrobe, and fitting into my sons' clothing on occasion...which has them thinking, that jacket looks familiar... Could not have done it without the daily support of MFP. Eternally grateful for my new life, and a return to my roots, but with a better sense of self. TH

Replies