• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    ok.....
  • fit4change
    fit4change Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    ok.....

Sorry! don't know why what I wrote won't post.
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    fit4change wrote: »
    ok.....

Sorry! don't know why what I wrote won't post.

did you use emojis from your phone? MFP doesn't like them.
  • fit4change
    Options
    I'm sure that's it. I only have access to my phone at the moment. Frustrating... Thank you!
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    I'm sure that's it. I only have access to my phone at the moment. Frustrating... Thank you!

then just re write it without emojis... or use MFPs

:):D:(;):/:o:s:p:'(:|B):#:*<3o:)>:)
  • fit4change
    Options
    I'm just going to retype here:
    I just had a rude awakening... I got a new scale. The number on the scale isn't the issue--to outsiders, I don't look overweight/unhealthy. However, my body composition on the inside tells a different story: It's very unhealthy. I have high body fat and very little muscle. I know I need to exercise and strength train...but seeing the numbers made it "really real." I'm looking for others in a similar boat for motivation and support or anyone that is looking for support in making life changes. We're all in this together! :) Friend requests are welcome.
  • MeechyLA
    MeechyLA Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I thought I was doing pretty well with my weight loss last month, finally reached under 190lbs for the first time in a while. I decided to get a DEXA scan which revealed I was still 30% body fat :neutral: It was a bit of a wake-up call and disappointing if I'm honest, but it was key for me to realize that there's no room for coasting and that I still had work ahead of me. I'm doing another scan next week, hopefully I'll see progress!
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    I'm just going to retype here:
    I just had a rude awakening... I got a new scale. The number on the scale isn't the issue--to outsiders, I don't look overweight/unhealthy. However, my body composition on the inside tells a different story: It's very unhealthy. I have high body fat and very little muscle. I know I need to exercise and strength train...but seeing the numbers made it "really real." I'm looking for others in a similar boat for motivation and support or anyone that is looking for support in making life changes. We're all in this together! :) Friend requests are welcome.

You can't measure body fat with scales, too inaccurate.
  • mommaof2
    mommaof2 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm in a similar boat. I'm a size 8 and pretty fit, but could use to lose 10 pounds and learned this week I have high cholesterol. It's hard to get serious about losing weight when there isn't a real "need" but I now feel like I need to get serious because I don't want to take meds for it. Would love to be friends to motivate!