Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

I started my "lifestyle change" a few weeks ago and it's been going so well. I have about 70 lbs to lose. I eat about 1200 calories each day and I've been exercising for two hours nearly every single day. I've been eating a healthy and well rounded diet. Lots of veggies.
Now for the problem: If I go one day where I eat a little bit more, like 1400 calories and only exercise for one hour instead of two... I will gain about 2 pounds. This just doesn't make logical or scientific sense to me. Why do I only see progress if I go REALLY hard? This is exhausting and I'm always so hungry. I've only ever seen results when I'm super strict with the caloric intake, and exercise an extreme amount. If I falter even slighly... nearly a weeks worth of progress is lost. Am I doing something wrong?

Replies

• aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    malibu927 wrote: »
    No, you aren't. Weight loss isn't linear. And I hope that with two hours of exercise each day you're eating those calories back.

Here's a good link that talks about weight loss not being linear: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10084670/it-is-unlikely-that-you-will-lose-weight-consistently-i-e-weight-loss-is-not-linear/p1
  • lucerorojo
    lucerorojo Posts: 790 Member
    I agree that it is just normal weight fluctuations. Are you eating back your exercise calories? If not, that's scary--two hours of exercise on 1200 calories. If you feel hungry and exhausted you need to slow your loss and eat more, or stop exercising so much.