What Has Been Your Worst Binge Since Joining MFP ?

Options
Graelwyn75
Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
I am curious. I do not binge often now and I no longer have the insane binges I used to when I was training really intensively, but I still find them upsetting when they do occur and for me, it is always on sweet, doughy things, cake or creamy, sweet things.

In terms of this post, I mean eating a large quantity of food in a short amount of time ... not just having a few hundred extra calories ... I am aware definitions vary from person to person, but it is more the compulsive eating of large amounts of food that I am curious about.

For me, my worst, way back on April 5th 2014, involved this little lot. As you can see, my total for that day was almost 6k calories. I did not gain weight from it. Unfortunately, I had a major issue back then with binge eating, but by some miracle, my weight remained 140 and I remained very lean, presumably because I trained 90-120 minutes, 5-6 days a week.

Metcalfes - Skinny Popcorn - Sweet & Salt, 60 g 276
Lindt Lindor - Milk Chocolate Bunny 100 g, 70 g 370
Alpen - Raspberry, Apple and Raisin Instant Porridge Pot, 0.5 pot 118
Marks and Spencer - Jelly Eggs, 500 g 1,825
Ben and Jerry's - Greek Frozen Yogurt Vanilla Honey Caramel, 0.5 container (2 cups ea.) 380
Leila - Ben and Jerry's Core, All or Nut-ting, 0.6 container (500 mls ea.) 750
Lidl - Favorina Praline Chocolate Eggs, 100 g 557
Cadbury Uk - Mini Eggs (100g Bag), 200 g 980

Add Food Quick Tools 5,882

Replies

• Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    Outside of the normal overeating here and there for holidays, special occasions, random pool party BBQs, I don't think I've actually ever had a "binge." I can put away some calories at an all day and half the night pool party on a hot July day though...

That sounds fun. Never, ever been to a pool party, just not a thing here in the Uk.
    Maybe I should have titled this 'what has been your most calorific eating day?' lol. But I imagine for most, that would be Thanksgiving or Christmas.
  • Beploveshomer
    Beploveshomer Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    On my last free day before I started my diet I had two different kinds of Doritos, hot salted pretzels with cheese dip, copious amounts of pizza, lemon bars, and who knows how many reeses pb cups and kit kats. I was so sick afterwards.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Graelwyn75 wrote: »
    Outside of the normal overeating here and there for holidays, special occasions, random pool party BBQs, I don't think I've actually ever had a "binge." I can put away some calories at an all day and half the night pool party on a hot July day though...

That sounds fun. Never, ever been to a pool party, just not a thing here in the Uk.
    Maybe I should have titled this 'what has been your most calorific eating day?' lol. But I imagine for most, that would be Thanksgiving or Christmas.

I eat and drink way more at a pool party than Thanksgiving or Christmas...my buddy has one about once per month during the summer and a bunch of us go over with our kids and whatnot...it's pretty much non stop ribs, brisket, baked beans, coleslaw, beer, and booze starting in the early afternoon and going well into the evening. I've never bothered even estimating my calories for those days...they're a lot.

Thanksgiving and Christmas are quite tame in comparison...Lol...
  • MilesAddie
    MilesAddie Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    We have Halloween candy in the house now sooooo... keep you posted...
  • dwilliamca
    dwilliamca Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Party at Shakey's. I started out well. Then had to try 3 different types of pizza, a piece of fried chicken, Mojo fries...all looked so good and was. Then of course had to have beer with the pizza....3 mugs. After that I figured a piece of birthday cake couldn't make it any worse. I was double my calories that day, but went on to make up for it in the week. Then did it again at a family reunion with the same foods. Guess I know my weakness.
  • Hope228
    Hope228 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    The last week, I come home from work and stress eat which isn't a good way to cope. :( I am too ashamed to even list what I consumed.
  • Kimblesnbits13
    Kimblesnbits13 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Logging is the last thing I wanna do when I’m in binge mode. Although, it would be a good thing to do because logging would interrupt my crazy episodes. I tried to estimate once and it was around 6,000. It wasn’t accurate though.
  • acbraswell
    acbraswell Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    OK, this thread makes me feel a little better ;) Mine was actually yesterday. After doing 65 minutes of cardio, instead of eating my string cheese and grapes, I had half a bag of potato chips dipped in ranch dressing (the real homemade kind, not store-bought). Probably ~3/4 cup of ranch dressing. I felt like crap afterward though, and didn't eat dinner.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Graelwyn75 wrote: »

I tried to hit 10,000 calories last Thanksgiving, just to see if I could. I tapped out at about 4,500.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    I've eaten a case of Hi-Chew candy (similar to starburts) in 1 sitting. That's 220ish cals per pack, 12 packs per case, 2600 cals total, roughly.

I've eaten a package of pull-apart cookie dough on the way home from the grocery store... 180 calories per cookie, 12 cookies... 2160 cals total.

I've eaten a box of munchkins on the way to work... ~1700 cals.

I've eaten 2 bacon, egg and cheese bagel combos from McDonalds on the way into work... ~ 1850 cals.

And don't even get me started on take-out/fast food...
    - boneless wing bites + bacon cheeseburger from Applebee's: ~ 2000 cals
    - baconator combo + chicken nugget combo from Wendy's: ~ 2800 cals
    - breakfast pizza from local pizza place: ~3000 cals

So yeah... I have an unhealthy relationship with food.
  • yskaldir
    yskaldir Posts: 202 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I wouldn’t call it a binge since it was controlled but I finally did the 10k calories challenge.

Thank you Costco
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Saturaday's halloween party

3 fried chicken sliders (cheese & mayo) on Hawaiian rolls
    3 slices of bacon pizza
    2 bacon wrapped meatballs
    3 seagram wine coolers
    2 glasses of moscato
    1 piece of flancocho (flan cake) 358 calories for ONE slice
    2 oreo cheesecake truffle
    1 chocolate cupcake
    taco dip & buffalo chicken dip w/ corn chips
    edited to add Reese's halloween cup & 2 snack size twizzlers

i cant even guess how many calories im going w/ at least 5,000
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    Two packages of glutino crackers and a large tub of cottage cheese
    Four apples and half a jar of peanut butter
    A whole family sized box of Cheerios

I have no idea how many calories, I can't even imagine.
  • ccruz985
    ccruz985 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    White Castle crave case.
  • e_falagan
    e_falagan Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I love this post. Makes me feel like I'm not alone. I was starting to think I was the only one on here who had serious binge problems. (Like, 2000+ calories in one sitting binges...)