Back on track!

Options
So I was off this app in 2016. I'm not sure what happened but excuses happen! Now I've ballooned up to 163 lbs.(horrors). So is it realistic to expect a pound a week of CONSISTENTLY following this reduced calorie diet app? Or should I expect more like a half a pound a week. At that pace they would promise me to lose 24 lbs by this time next year. That's depressing. I suppose I could add garcinia cambogia. I've been exercising too. Wish me luck!

Replies

• MeechyLA
    MeechyLA Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I think a pound a week is a good goal when you're starting out. But also remember that when you're starting out, you're body is trying to adapt to this new diet and exercise routine you're forcing on it, so expect there to be a lot of swings. For me, I decided to take a break from weighing myself the first few weeks and just focus on my plan. Later, I started weighing myself every Sunday morning before breakfast, doing this helped me get out of the habit of obsessing over that number on the scale every morning.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Don't waste your money on garcinia cambogia, or other diet scams. Only a calorie deficit will make you lose weight.

Educate yourself on how to lose weight at a sustainable rate that will allow you to eat at a deficit for as long as it takes to get to your goal. Read the sticky announcements at the top of the forum:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10300319/most-helpful-posts-general-diet-and-weight-loss-help-must-reads

Often a smaller weekly weight loss goal will make you less hungry so you don't crash and burn and fail to lose much weight (which happens when people try to lose weight quickly by starving themselves on kale, apple cider vinegar drinks, and kombucha).

• Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    You don't say how much you want to lose, or what your goal weight is. This will drive you rate.