INCHES ARE MELTING AWAY

Options
Hi, there! :happy: I just wanted to let everyone know that if you've started an exercise program and you're feeling discouraged...don't!! I have been working out for about three weeks now, and I was feeling a bit disappointed when I didn't see the weight coming off. But, in three short weeks I've lost INCHES and my trainer can tell! I've actually lost about 1.3 to about 1.8 pounds per week based on where I started and where I am now, and if you think about it that's not bad considering it hasn't even been a month since I've started in the gym! WOOO HOOOOOO! Well, good luck to anyone working out! Talk to you soon!!!:smile::smile:

Replies

• Caramel Cutie
    Options
    Hi, there! :happy: I just wanted to let everyone know that if you've started an exercise program and you're feeling discouraged...don't!! I have been working out for about three weeks now, and I was feeling a bit disappointed when I didn't see the weight coming off. But, in three short weeks I've lost INCHES and my trainer can tell! I've actually lost about 1.3 to about 1.8 pounds per week based on where I started and where I am now, and if you think about it that's not bad considering it hasn't even been a month since I've started in the gym! WOOO HOOOOOO! Well, good luck to anyone working out! Talk to you soon!!!:smile::smile:
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    good for you!!!!!!!!!

I totally agree, measuring is a big deal for me too....especially when the scale doesn't move or even goes up (water weight etc...) I keep track in long and do it once a month....haven't yet this month but from end of Jan to the end of March I've lost 14 inches total....12 lbs...to date...but the pounds are funny they can fool you....now if you're cloths are getting loose, that's like the best feeling ever!!!! so you go!!!!

I'm very very proud of you!
    Ali :drinker:
  • Lisabeth
    Lisabeth Posts: 268
    Options
    I argued about this today with my husband. He wants to buy a scale. I told him we need to use a measuring tape. We are both wanting to lose inches/size/weight.
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    I'd do both....one for each of you LOL....

OR do as I do...when the scale pisses you off...and you know it will....grab the tape girl! lol

hugs and good luck!
    Ali
  • butterfly2008
    Options
    you go girl !! keep up the good work
  • slieber
    slieber Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    I understand completely. It's actually driving me quite mad right now. I've lost 3 dress sizes, and that's fabs, but I also want to lose weight because I need to get it off my toes (pointe work in ballet).

At present, I'm within a size of where I was when I was dancing at the age of 16 (aeons ago!), but the weight is about 40-50 pounds MORE!!

Any ideas?