191 pounds lost since January (288 total). I am no longer obese.

Options

Replies

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Such awesomeness! :star:
  • gcibsthom
    gcibsthom Posts: 30,145 Member
    Options
    wow...inspirational..! I am down 110 lbs and just had a tummy tuck yesterday to get rid of the excess skin...Really amazing...Keep up the great work!
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    WOW! You are awesome :)
  • MellowGa
    MellowGa Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    awesome great job
  • bigjonb4116
    bigjonb4116 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Truly amazing.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    Inspirational! Awe-inspiring! Impressive! Overwhelming! Mind-blowing! Admirable! So wonderful for you! My utmost respect!
  • ypsitrans
    ypsitrans Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    So awesome!! Thank you for sharing your story. What an inspiration.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the kind words!
    ... have you considered increasing your calories and slowing down your rate of loss? Even having a diet break for a few weeks? ....

Yes, slowing down is fast approaching. Up till now I have been losing over 4.5 pounds a week. Doctor said that was fine with the amount of weight I had to shed. I'm okay to continue as is till 200 pounds and then we will reevaluate what I should be trying to achieve in terms of burn rate.
    Should be 200 just prior to Thanksgiving, and Im absolutely going to take a few days off for that and enjoy a few good meals with family.

I don't know if I will keep with the 1400 and drop the exercise or up the calories a bit and keep it. I sure do hate the bike rides everyday, so that would be all too easy to quit.

The rate of healthy loss is suggested to be about 1% of bodyweight a week, which would put you at 2lbs a week - 4.5 lbs a week would be fine if you have a lot to lose, but you're probably at risk of losing a lot of muscle by maintaining the same weekly loss.

Are you eating exercise calories on top of your 1400,or is that it?
  • coueswhitetail
    coueswhitetail Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    way to go!! That takes serious dedication!
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Wow. What an amazing job! I admire your dedication and focus. Congratulations.
  • Rosie3579
    Rosie3579 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Amazing work!!!!
  • SeikoMonster
    SeikoMonster Posts: 105 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options

The rate of healthy loss is suggested to be about 1% of bodyweight a week, which would put you at 2lbs a week - 4.5 lbs a week would be fine if you have a lot to lose, but you're probably at risk of losing a lot of muscle by maintaining the same weekly loss.

Are you eating exercise calories on top of your 1400,or is that it?

1400 total. Yes it's too fast. Again all approved and monitoring buy my doctor.

4.5 is the average for the year. I don't have my log handy but over the past month it's probably right at 3 a week if I remember correctly how much I weighed on the first of the month. Still to fast, but not crazy fast.
  • pennoxford
    pennoxford Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Oh wow wow wow!!!!! Way to go and what an inspiration!! I’m so happy for you and can’t even imagine how much better you feel!
  • CaramelAppleSundae
    CaramelAppleSundae Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    You have done a phenomenal job. I am so blown away by your attitude - "I won't quit". It's amazing how powerful we can be when we set our minds on something and don't allow quitting.

If you don't mind sharing, I would love to hear more about your diet. You said you eat the same thing every day? Why is that? What do you eat in a day? I'm not asking in a judgmental way, just curious. I can imagine if all your meals were the same each day it would make shopping and food prep a breeze along with minimizing the risk of binge eating.

• SeikoMonster
    SeikoMonster Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    You said you eat the same thing every day? Why is that? What do you eat in a day?
    Thank you for the kind message.

Yes the same exact thing every single day. And essentially the same meal all three meals.
    There is no meal planning, meal prep is literally 1 hour work for 2 days of food.
    Food moved from "pleasure" to fuel in a very good way. I no longer crave that bag of Doritios, or the twinkies. Sure I saw a new flavor of oreos yesterday and dreamed about them for the rest of my shopping trip, but I never even thought of reaching for them. Again it is just fuel, not pleasure.

That said. I am full and quite happy with what I eat every day. I haven't had one negative thought like "oh this again...." I just accept it as part of the process, like getting on the bike everyday, or going to the gym.

My daily food is this.

Breakfast 14 oz boiled red potatoes, mashed with nothing added. I put them in a waffle iron, and they taste better than I remember french frys being. I use some ketchup and a bunch of hot sauce.
    1/3 cup of cheese melted on top of one of my waffles (the 14oz makes 2)
    2oz of carrots.

Lunch, again potatoes in the waffle iron with ketchup and hot sauce.
    3/4 cup of bran flakes. Used to have this as a mid day snack between lunch and dinner, but I would forget to eat it half the time so just started having it with lunch.

Dinner
    You guessed it potatoes in the waffle iron with Ketchup and hot sauce.
    7.5oz grilled chicken breast. I just add some pepper to this, no salt or anything else.

That is it, nothing else at all during the day. I have had this essentially every day since January 10th.
    Once a month I have a chick fil a sandwich but still keep with the 1400 cal.
    Ive gone camping a few times this year and swapped out the potatoes for tortillas and just put grilled chicken in them, again staying with the 1400cal.
    Ive had Tacos I think 4 times this year, only breaking the 1400cal 3 times I think without checking my notes.

By the end of the year ill have eaten over 1000 pounds of potatoes... I buy 50 pound boxes at a restaurant supply place hah.
    Making them is simple, cut up 2 days worth, boil and mash it. Separate it by weight into Tupperware containers so it is easy just to pull it out and toss it in the iron.

• CaramelAppleSundae
    Options
    You must love potatoes!!
  • CaramelAppleSundae
    Options
    I think I accidentally deleted part of my response.

Thank you for sharing your diet with me.

I really appreciate your mindset that food is fuel. I just started developing that mindset myself and it's changed everything.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!