Best time&how often to weigh in?

Options
Hippy7791
Hippy7791 Posts: 12 Member
How often do you weigh in? Do you do it on a certain night of the week? What time of day? Do you weigh naked?

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Read some of the hundreds of threads on the subject.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Some people do better weighing every day and getting used to the ups and downs of normal weight fluctuations. Other people stress too much about those daily changes so do better weighing once a week.

Many people choose to weigh first thing in the morning after using the facilities assuming it removes as many variables as possible. What's most important is to weigh at the same time every time for the same reason.
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    Some people do better weighing every day and getting used to the ups and downs of normal weight fluctuations. Other people stress too much about those daily changes so do better weighing once a week.

Many people choose to weigh first thing in the morning after using the facilities assuming it removes as many variables as possible. What's most important is to weigh at the same time every time for the same reason.

Generally this, but it's important to realize the trend over a several-week period is what reveals your fat loss. One day's or even one week's reading isn't going to tell you much, since they are so susceptible to fluctuations. You could lose 1 lb of fat in a given week, but due to a high-sodium meal or TOM show a 2 lb gain (of water retention) on the scale for that week. So patience :)
  • Akijade
    Akijade Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I've started weighing myself once a month. I find I get too focused on the numbers, even at once a week. I haven't weighed myself since Oct 1st, and I've noticed little NSV like some of my shirts that were too small a couple months ago have started fitting better.
  • Akmauser
    Akmauser Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Once a week or once every two weeks. Usually Saturday or Sunday morning when taking the kiddos over to my mothers. Keeping the scale at her place helps since I love numbers and would probably weigh myself 3 times (or more) a day while creating a spread sheet. This was actually at my wife's request.