Grocery Shopping

Options
I’m doing weekly meal planning and did my second grocery shop yesterday. It’s amazing how many aisles I skipped!

Replies

• HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Yup. We head directly to the produce section and basically half-fill the cart with fresh fruits and veggies before we get the few other things on the list.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,989 Member
    Options
    I seldom go down any aisles in the supermarket unless I'm looking for something that I need specifically.

Generally, I just work my way around the outer ring which includes the produce (fruit & veggies), meat, seafood, dairy and bakery depts.

I usually skip the dairy and bakery and do most of my shopping in the produce, meat & seafood sections.
  • Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    ASH_DVM wrote: »
    jaci66 wrote: »
    I know, right! I work in a grocery store. And all those wonderful tasting aisles I used to frequent I seldom go down now - unless I'm helping a customer. Even then, I find myself offering advice on substitutes that are better for them.

Great job in skipping aisles that aren't good for you.

I wouldn’t want a grocery clerk offering me advice on what’s “good for me”.

I just started working at a cooperative, and I find this odd. Maybe it's because I am on a specific diet, so my suggestions would be unnecessary. I'm usually intrigued by what people buy, and they offer some neat ideas for meals. I do love the outer perimeters of the store, but sometimes I tend to walk through the bulk isle simply for the Coffee aroma.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    jaci66 wrote: »
    I know, right! I work in a grocery store. And all those wonderful tasting aisles I used to frequent I seldom go down now - unless I'm helping a customer. Even then, I find myself offering advice on substitutes that are better for them.

Great job in skipping aisles that aren't good for you.

I'm sure most of your customers love being told what is healthier for them. It's fine if they ask for a healthier product or your opinion, but if not just show them to the product & go on your way.
  • kristen8000
    kristen8000 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I stupidly went to the grocery store Saturday afternoon. 1 was soo busy I couldn't find a parking spot, so I went else where. The 2nd was busy too, but not as bad...I hate when the grocery store is busy because I can't look...

Come to find out there was a BIG football game in town that day at 4pm. If I had only waited...

I went back Sunday so I could walk around and look at stuff...ended up spending even more money :(