WFPB: 10 Months In, 138 Pounds Down

Options
Hi, everyone.

10 months ago, I would not have thought it possible that I would be here in October, 138 lbs lighter.

I had been vegan for nearly 5 years, when I decided to try to eat whole food plant-based. I'd tried and failed to sustain weight loss many times in the past, but this diet change was different. I was looking to heal from chronic Lyme Disease and the effects of heavy medication to try to kill off Lyme, Bartonella, and Babesiosis in 2016.

I was so tired of being tired - so wiped out I would literally have to crawl off the couch just to get to the bathroom, and need a 2-hour nap to recover from that. My eyes burned and I had to keep sleeping because I physically could not stay awake for more than short periods. I had excruciating pain, racing heart, and a plethora of other symptoms.

I'm happy to say that I'm feeling much better now, and the weight loss has been a bonus. On top of Lyme, I have PCOS, and had all but given up any hope of ever achieving a normal weight. Now, my hope has returned.

I'm glad to be here and would love to meet others with similar experiences. To be honest, I wish no one ever had to experience what I have, but I know there are others out there and that it's comforting to know people understand.

Additionally, I'd love to offer and obtain support. Weight loss has slowed to a crawl now, so I need to build up a little motivational network.

Replies

• patsyacs
    patsyacs Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on reaching your goals. Keep up the good work.
  • KolleenS
    KolleenS Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You've given me so much hope that I can do this without surgery. Friend request sent.

I've had some major health issues over the years and they have set me back and worse. After getting poisoned with pesticides and being on life support, I had to take high doses of steroids for a long time. They doubled my weight and when my dose cut back the weight stayed. That's one of many many issues, including stress and life crisis.

But hearing you lost all that in such a short time gives me hope that I have a future to enjoy instead of waiting to die. Morbid I know, but that's what it seems when you can't get out and about to enjoy life.
  • BohoVegGirl
    BohoVegGirl Posts: 13 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    "Waiting to die" was my reality, as well. Sad, but true.

I never even imagined that I could lose so much in what felt like the blink of an eye. The weight is being much more stubborn, now, but I can't complain too much.

I believe that you can absolutely change your life with diet -- without surgery!

I hope that you find success and healing. I've accepted your request. Glad to meet you! :)
  • ahrengirl
    ahrengirl Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Vegan here too. Sent you a friend request.