Self Esteem is forever gone

Options
It's turned into a sad day so I just need to complain about it.

I called my grandmother and asked her if she'd pick me up on the way to my dad's because she was going over there and so she decided that she was buying me a winter coat before we went over. Which is nice of her but I don't like to shop for clothes with other people.

She goes into the first store and she's literally yelling through the store to the workers about the plus size and "bigger ladies" coats for 15 minutes. Then the store worker finally told her they only sell xL which she could have said when she asked her the first time.

Then she goes to sears where we repeat the same event, on the way there she tells me she's going to have to cut me in half just to find me a coat and that oh at least I'm getting some exercise now that I'm walking to the other end of the mall. I get in the store and I just grab the biggest coat which was a 24 (that's even a bit big on me) so I can leave, she grabs the coat in the middle of 15 people so she can ask the size and announce it. Then takes it to the cash, then we leave.

Then we go to my dads where I'm like oh well it's over now... nope, now we have to have show and tell and point out how big the coat is. My mother is already going out and buying me 4x shirts that are too big on me so that just gave her incentive that the 4x isn't big enough.

I just feel like going home and crying, possibly never leaving the house again. It's hard enough some days without dealing with this kind of stuff. /endrant.

Replies

• Akariixo
    Akariixo Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I posted this in the wrong section and can't figure out how to change it; oh well.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    I posted this in the wrong section and can't figure out how to change it; oh well.

You can click on Flag, then Report and ask the mods to shift it if you want.
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    Well I will hold you in my prayers as well- but remember to KEEP doing the best you can for YOU! this is all about you and your health!!!! YOU can do this!!!
  • AdamAthletic
    AdamAthletic Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options

Feel free to message me and let me know where you’d like it moved to!
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »

You can click on Flag, then Report and ask the mods to shift it if you want.

Correct, thank-you for the helpful input!

Regards,
    Adam, MyFitnessPal Moderator
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    So sorry. Hugs. I divorced my crazy mother-in-law, but you can't just divorce your mom.
    If your grandma is otherwise a loving person, just be thankful you still have her, avoid the situations when you can, and try to be strong when you can't.
  • cindyjob
    cindyjob Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry your family isn't showing you support and love. You deserve both of those no matter what size you are.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    My grampa likes to loudly and abnoxiously remind me how FAT i was (he says it just like that). I realize how different the situations are being on the end of the journey but i understand how it can feel. No one ever has the right to make comments or gestures or assumptions or anything reguarding your weight. Even positive comments can often be so offensive. Just show em up. Stay strong, Know it has happened to many of us in different ways your not alone anyway -kind of sadly- And they probably dont mean to be as rude as they are. Not that thats much comfort.