The weight scale is a BIG FAT LIAR!

Options
takinchi
takinchi Posts: 10 Member
edited October 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
Hello everyone.
everyone is obsessed with their weight nowadays and just one number on the scale could mean having a bad day or a good one. it is so frustrating. and here he is standing on the bathroom floor looking at us judging and scaring us. it is time to put him to the stand and expose him.he is not very accurate as you think, and here are a few reasons why :
1.Water :Your daily intake of water, and output of sweat can affect your weight. so after a sweaty hour of exercising you will be down a few pounds, you didn't lose fat it is just water
2.Muscles: Stronger people may weigh the same or more than fatter and weaker people.and the extra weight is actually a good thing, they have more lean muscle so they are healthier
3.Salt :When you put a lot of salt into your body, more water will be retained to balance the excess sodium. The excess water will add to your scale weight
4.Motility: how frequently you poop and it depends on what you ate too and how is your rate of digestion and this could add extra pounds too

in conclusion
we trust in the scale so much that it blinds us from success and can lead us to endless frustration.
In fact, when it comes to being an indication of our health, the scale is oftentimes a BIG FAT LIAR.

Replies

• CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    If I am eating at a deficit every day, and I am, I ignore everything except numbers lower than I have seen recently. The rest is just noise.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    "We" is okay, but not "everybody". Your assumption does not include me.