Saturday Noght Cravings

Options
Food was a reward for me for making it through the work week. My way to kick back. Pizza, popcorn. Skip the Dishes. I’m having a hard time tonight. I’ve saving my cheat meal for the Halloween Potluck. Ugh

Replies

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Keep logging and keep paying attention. <3 Holidays can be confusing. :) Get back on track after the holiday.
    Maybe think of something else for a reward instead of food: taking a walk, new make up, flowers, pedicure or manicure, music.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Lol i get it, long week time to relax. Iv been the same way. Tonight i did a manicure and a facial and a deep condition on my hair. All things to keep my mind and hands busy. followed by making a tiny dessert that took up 2 hours of my time so i knew i had something to work on and get to eat but it took some serious time so i have less time to actually just pig out. Keep focused on other stuff :p Maybe try a drink of some sort? Bonus points if its something hot and comforting
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Is your way of eating too strict?

I eat pizza every couple of weeks, but in portions that allow me to stay at my calorie limit.

Liking certain types of food in moderation shouldn't be "cheating".
  • changeconsumeme
    changeconsumeme Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Work the food you love into your daily or weekly life. You can have pizza, just less of it or modified to fit your caloric needs!
  • dwilliamca
    dwilliamca Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I'm also a nightime TV snacker and trying to get a hold on it. I save about 200-250 calories for snacking every night. Popcorn is a great snack...just watch the butter. Pizza is high, but a slice or two with some salad isn't bad for dinner. I had to break down and start eating no sugar desserts, but now I'm used to the taste I look forward to them. If you can, try to squeeze in some exercise during the day and you can reward yourself more in the evening with those extra calories.