1,000 calorie cut

Is anyone on a 1,000 calorie cut? I am very small and trying to lose the last bit of fat. I would love t follow your journal to see what you are eating.

Replies

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Do you mean you are eating at a deficit of 1000 cals, or eating 1000 cals? Either way, if you are trying to lose the last few lbs, that is very aggressive. Technically you should only be aiming for half a lb loss per week, at most 1 lb.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    I don't see how that is possible if you are very small, not in a healthy way.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    Could you tell us more about yourself. Height, weight now, goal weight, calories you are eating now, calories MFP has set you, and the deficit goal you have entered into MFP.

The lowest MFP recommends is 1200 calories, eating under that can be detrimental to your health long term.
    If you are very small, as already said above, you won't be able to lose 2lbs a week.

You may want to look at doing a recomp to lose the last of your fat.

Cheers, h.
  • meganpettigrew86
    meganpettigrew86 Posts: 349 Member
    I completely understand why you want to be so aggressive about the last few pounds, I've been known to fall into doing that particularly on days of high exercise. The biggest issue is when you are close to a healthy weight your body fights you even harder to keep it's fat. It throws your hormones all out of wack etc. So if you start to find yourself getting over tired and not sleeping well etc it can be beneficial to do a refeed to reset the hormones. I'm trying 5 days deficit 2 days maintenance as I'm also not far from a healthy weight. Search the forums for a thread about refeeds, it is very useful and informative.