Hello strangers

Options
Im a 49 year old desk jockey trying to get my fat *kitten* in shape I try and fail and try again I do okay and then every 3 days or so I binge.... so this is me I Rise and I fall I'm sure I'm not the only one I'm from Florida happily married a dog ,a cat, grown kids and too much stress. This time I lost 15 pounds gained back three over the course of three weeks I'm going to be starting a liquid fast November 1st .wish me luck!

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Im a 49 year old desk jockey trying to get my fat *kitten* in shape I try and fail and try again I do okay and then every 3 days or so I binge.... so this is me I Rise and I fall I'm sure I'm not the only one I'm from Florida happily married a dog ,a cat, grown kids and too much stress. This time I lost 15 pounds gained back three over the course of three weeks I'm going to be starting a liquid fast November 1st .wish me luck!
    Do you see a pattern here?
  • MeechyLA
    MeechyLA Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Welcome! A liquid fast might work short-term, but also increases the risk you'll binge and gain it all back. Hope you can take the quick win and convert it to a healthier and more sustainable plan.
  • janedoesntcare
    janedoesntcare Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am unable to sustain anything for any length of time. Compulsive eating is an issue for me, I use food to deal with stress and more. Food is my drug .unfortunately, I will always be addicted .All I can try to do is manage in moderation as often as I can. Unfortunately, unlike alcohol or other things people become addicted to, I need it to live. It would be so much easier to be an alcoholic or addicted to something that I can put aside and never have to deal with again food is the most difficult addiction of all
  • kommodevaran
    Options
    I am unable to sustain anything for any length of time. Compulsive eating is an issue for me, I use food to deal with stress and more. Food is my drug .unfortunately, I will always be addicted .All I can try to do is manage in moderation as often as I can. Unfortunately, unlike alcohol or other things people become addicted to, I need it to live. It would be so much easier to be an alcoholic or addicted to something that I can put aside and never have to deal with again food is the most difficult addiction of all
    Nobody is able to sustain starvation for long in the face of plenty. But you're not supposed to starve yourself to lose weight. You obsess about food because you starve yourself. We all need food to live. We need to eat several times a day. We just have to not overeat. It's difficult to not overeat in our current abundance, but we have to if we don't accept to become overweight. Food is easier to moderate when we don't give it power over us. We are in control of what we eat.

Food tastes great and is easy to get hold of, but it's not effective to handle stress and emotional conflicts, in fact, overeating just exacerbates it.
  • janedoesntcare
    janedoesntcare Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Interesting perspective I wish that I knew of and utilized better coping mechanisms for stress but I think I look for instant gratification
  • kommodevaran
    Options
    Interesting perspective I wish that I knew of and utilized better coping mechanisms for stress but I think I look for instant gratification
    Now you know what you need to work on. Planning is a good strategy to delay gratification. Meditation is good for stress.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

A liquid fast won't help that situation... stop setting yourself up to fail
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options

I used to rely on food to help me get through life.
    Planning and preparing tasty, nutrient dense meals, as well as allowing for a few treats here and there helps stick to my diet.
    To stop mindless eating I keep busy, or exercise. Training is great for stress - I personally like weights and boxing
  • xkitxkatxkaix
    xkitxkatxkaix Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Now you know what you need to work on. Planning is a good strategy to delay gratification. Meditation is good for stress.

Reading this just gave me the biggest reality check, my word. :|