More than "frustrated". I'm p*#@** off now!

Options
2»

Replies

• brighteyes1967
    Options
    Hi write what you have eaten on a note book and add it on the computer when he is not around,my hubby is the same but I just say we all have our interest and this is mine at the moment, I Shan't be long and tend not to do anything more than log my food, I catch up on the go's when he is not around .

Keep going don't give up I have had the thyroid problem since 2005 so know where you are coming from with that, a little loss is better than none, you might be loosing inches.

Good luck
  • Corinne_Howland
    Corinne_Howland Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! What an eye opener!
  • stacy_rihel
    Options
    i read a few days in your diary - two things
    1. you don't log everything/every day. so you may be over/underestimating. on the days you did log you were VERY close to/a little over your max cal goal. which means that if you miscalculated by a bit (either miscalculated on the food or on the exercise burn) then you were over - this could be a factor. are you weighing your foods? how are you calculating the exercise burn?

2. this is a thought - something that helped with me and other friends who are, ahem, 'women of certain ages' - and that is to reduce your carbs, and at least have 1-2 meals without added carbs (as in no bread/crackers/cookies but you can have veg/hummus etc). now before all the "a calorie is a calorie" and "carbs aren't evil" guys jump in - i agree that a calorie is a calorie and i agree that carbs aren't evil. I am saying that this strategy works for me and for others. and i am not saying to cut out carbs completely - just cut down and don't have them at all meals. (there are some veg that are starchy like potatoes, carrots that should be considered as carbs in this regard).

I completely agree. cutting back on carbs seems to work for me as well. I am not a carb hater either, but if it works.. it works.
  • Corinne_Howland
    Options
    I'm going to pick up a scale Friday when I'm shopping! thanks
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I found that i had to be very careful measuring whenever I was in a period of no loss. This video really helped drive that fact home for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVjWPclrWVY

Fantastic link. It should be stickied somewhere, honestly.
  • rjmudlax13
    rjmudlax13 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with the people who say you may be logging inaccurately.

You should address this issue first then we can talk about other things.

That's good that you are getting a scale. I would also say use the TDEE - 20% method so you don't have to worry about eating back calories or not. Also, I noticed that your logging is not consistent. Some days it looks like you are meticulously logging everything, but other days it looks like you are missing whole meals. Persistence is very important. Keep yourself honest!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I'm going to pick up a scale Friday when I'm shopping! thanks

Great idea.

I predict this will be life-changing...

...(assuming you use it, of course).
  • Corinne_Howland
    Options
    OH!! I'll use it. And be accused of being obsessed with that!!! But, that's OK! Thanks
  • rsensenig
    rsensenig Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have several female friends who looked good but were at their last 5-10 lbs. They went to a hormone doctor and got their hormones back in check and the weight came off.
  • ekaustin7
    ekaustin7 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I don't use a scale. I tend to eyeball things. I will pay much closer attention my logging. Thanks all for the terrific advice. I really do feel new hope. I tend to not log well on weekends when I'm the busiest. So, I think I will pay much closer attention and weigh and measure more.
    Also, not that my husband is sabotaging me in anyway. He tends to feel that I've become obsessed with MFP. So, when he's home, I try to spend more time with him than on the computer.

There's your answer right there. Measure everything. Weigh everything. and LOG EVERYTHING YOU PUT INTO YOUR MOUTH. Easy as that :)
  • Corinne_Howland
    Options
    What I don't understand is that I was losing 1 pound a week at first, wasn't measuring then either. But, I will take this sound advice and get a scale.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    What I don't understand is that I was losing 1 pound a week at first, wasn't measuring then either. But, I will take this sound advice and get a scale.

Any number of reasons - water weight from change in diet. Its possible were eating at a slight deficit - since you've dropped some weight, you need a few less calories so you no longer have a deficit. There could be variations in what you were eating. You could have been guesstimating a little more accuarate at the start and become a little more relaxed since then.
  • tidesong
    tidesong Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Good info in this thread. Thank you!
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    With diabetes and hypothyroidism, I'd ask a nutritionist. Both those conditions should get you a doctor recommendation and your insurance (which I hope you have) to pay for it.

And scale? EXCELLENT idea!!!!!!