Anybody else trying to lose 90 pounds?

Options

Replies

• happyfitr2d2
    happyfitr2d2 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Need to lose 75 to be a health 150 at 5’7”, but to lose 90 to feel a thin 135. Thanks for making me realize I have others in my same situation
  • Athena98501
    Athena98501 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    mace47 wrote: »
    rawrrgenn wrote: »
    I'm 5'4'', weigh 208 and my big goal is about 125 :smiley: you've got this!

I'm 5'4" too! I'm currently 195 after losing 17 pounds and want to be 105 :smile:

The bottom of the healthy range for that height is 110, but that would only be for people with very small frames. I'm 5' 2.75", and looked really, really good at 135. Is there a weight you've felt really good at as an adult?
  • mace47
    mace47 Posts: 8 Member
    Options

I'm 5'4" too! I'm currently 195 after losing 17 pounds and want to be 105 :smile:

The bottom of the healthy range for that height is 110, but that would only be for people with very small frames. I'm 5' 2.75", and looked really, really good at 135. Is there a weight you've felt really good at as an adult?

The BMI charts I've seen say 105 is the lowest healthy weight for my height. Once I get to 105 I want to build muscle and probably end up around 115-120 :)
  • azironasun
    azironasun Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Lost 23. 82 to go. Add me.
  • Athena98501
    Athena98501 Posts: 716 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options

The BMI charts I've seen say 105 is the lowest healthy weight for my height. Once I get to 105 I want to build muscle and probably end up around 115-120 :)

Sorry, but there's only one formula for BMI, it doesn't vary from site to site.

https://www.healthline.com/health/womens-health/average-weight-for-women#height-and-weight4

I'm not trying to pick on you, many people here will tell people if their goal might be unhealthy. The fact is that having a goal that is on the precipice of unhealthy is not an attitude that will foster the health of your body, or a healthy relationship with food. That absolute bottom of the healthy weight range isn't even realistically achievable for most people, and I have reason to doubt that you are small-framed.

Fyi, building that amount of muscle is a tremendous amount of long-term work for a female, and involves eating at a calorie surplus, and gaining some fat. You will lose a good few pounds of muscle as you lose weight (more so the faster you try to lose it), and weight lifting during weight loss is recommended if you want to preserve it.

ETA: Averaging 400-500 net calories per day, as you are, you will lose even more muscle at quite a prodigious rate. Might I suggest taking a nutrition class at your local community college?
  • astronautof
    astronautof Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    We have similar stats- I'm 5'3", 212 and would like to be around 125-130. I'd love more active friends for support!
  • mace47
    Options
    We have similar stats- I'm 5'3", 212 and would like to be around 125-130. I'd love more active friends for support!

I started at 212 too!!
  • msunat97
    msunat97 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I am open to new friends. Not trying to lose 90, but I am here to help as much as I can.
  • RastaLousGirl
    RastaLousGirl Posts: 2,119 Member
    Options
    I am too. Feel free to send a request. I need/love the support, and love given it right back.
  • lisad7051
    lisad7051 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I need to lose 80 pounds. Im just starting out. Feel free to add me.
  • forgeweasley78
    forgeweasley78 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm down 20 with 80 to go! request sent :)
  • TnTHawkins
    TnTHawkins Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I’m looking for active friends for motivation and support.
  • mace47
    Options
    I am too. Feel free to send a request. I need/love the support, and love given it right back.
    lisad7051 wrote: »
    I need to lose 80 pounds. Im just starting out. Feel free to add me.
    I'm down 20 with 80 to go! request sent :)
    TnTHawkins wrote: »
    Feel free to add me. I’m looking for active friends for motivation and support.

We got this!!! What are you doing today to work towards your goal??
  • rainbow597
    rainbow597 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    45 lbs, feels like 90. Add me
  • westguy27
    westguy27 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to lose 157 lbs in total from my highest weight of 339 lbs in sept to 182 lbs hopefully by the end of next year. I'm down 20 lbs currently.
    My plan is to set minigoals. My current goal is to be 297lbs by Christmas eve losing 3 lbs a week, which I think is well do able without keeping to a crazy strict diet and 3 gym sessions a week. Anyone who wishes can send me a request.
  • jenn05011982
    jenn05011982 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I need to lose 100 pounds. I am dealing with cardiac related issues. I would love to be in a motivational group! We can all help each other. I sent a request. Anyone else that wants to add me can!
  • BabyCarlosUK
    BabyCarlosUK Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm on a journey to lose 100 lbs started with MFP a week ago and looking for active friends for support and motivation. Changed my lifestyle completely and so far so good!
  • betterthanyesterday69
    Options
    100 or more here
  • FourLynne62
    FourLynne62 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I need to lose 90 pounds! is there anyone else with similar weight loss goals who wants to help motivate each other??

About that range...80-90lbs.
  • emilyvictoria7
    emilyvictoria7 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I'm aiming for 71lbs right now (to get from 270lbs to 199lbs) then onward at least another 20-30lbs! :smile:
    I'm down 50lbs now! Feel free to add me!