Late Night Workout, Eating before bed?(tips for women)

I need tips for women!....

Late Night Workout, Eating before bed?. Goal: Lose weight and get toned.

Hi Guys,

I heard so many times that you have to eat after exercising even if this means you eat before going to bed.
I usually do zumba or 30 min cardio and 30 min. of light Strenght exercises for another 30 min.

Yesterday I bought cashew nuts and I´m planning for 1st time to eat a handful of them after working out at night.
I used to don´t eat anything after exercising and it worked good for me but ppl keep telling me I shouldn´t do that.

What would you do in my case? I need to lose weight and get toned.

Replies

• You could have a protein shake - I like Soya Protein Powder as it is lower in carbs, with Light Soya Milk. It can be a good thing to drink a protein shake after exercise and before bed!
  • infamousdrew76
    infamousdrew76 Posts: 176 Member
    Just get your calories in whenever it's good for you!

Eat after workout, before workout, not before bed, blah, blah, blah....all bull****!!!

Eat when you need to eat, and when it fits your schedule and body! Period!

If you don't feel like eating before or after a workout...then don't! If you do, then do it!

Just stick to your calorie goal and what works for you!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    first off- no matter women/men doens't matter- everyone deals with this.

secondly- if yo uhaven't eaten enough for the day- and you can sleep just fine- go ahead and eat right after and go to bed.

I would say 3/4 of my dinners are consumed within 20-30 minutes of going to bed. I work leave at 7 AM and don't often get home till something stupid like 1130 PM.

If I'm out of prepared/pre-portioned food- I'll have to cook- and then I'm not eating till like 1230 or so. Then I go right to bed.

There are 24 hours in a day... you need to eat (for example) 1800 calories that day. eat them. Whenever fits your schedule best. That's all that matters.
  • Scienceteacher42
    Scienceteacher42 Posts: 27 Member
    If you are hungry after working out, eat. If you aren't hungry, don't eat. I find that if I go to bed hungry, I can't sleep, so I have a yogurt or glass of soy milk. Just enough to take the edge off. If I eat too much, I have a hard time sleeping as well. Also, if I exercise hard before going to bed I have a hard time falling asleep. So, I would say, listen to your body and do what it tells you to do, not what people tell you to do.
  • Hi guys,

Thanks for the tips.
    Is it ok for example to eat a small meal 3 hours before working out and then having a handful of nuts right after exercising as I´m going to bed very late and I can´t sleep if I ate too late?.

For example today I had chicken slices with boiled veg at 16 hrs (I have my dance class at 19 hrs) and after my dance class I´m planning to have a handful of cashew nuts. What do you think?. Thanks!