question on sucess.. for BOYS. WITH MUSCLES.

Options
Kayden1986
Kayden1986 Posts: 189 Member
HI! all the guys out there, this is for you!! a question I have wondered, and never really found a way to ask anyone.
Now for all you lads with the big arms, the strong abs....
WHAT DOES IT FEEL LIKE??? I always wonder, when you move your arms do they feel heavier than before? do you feel them flexing?? can you even explain it??

werid post, I know that. But come on lads, a lady is curious here!!!

Replies

• infamousdrew76
    infamousdrew76 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I'll take a shot at answering this from my perspective, as it's nice to see a new post besides the same old stuff! At least this is new to me.

While I'm not as big or cut as some of the guys on here, this is just my view on the subject from a former skinny kid to now an older guy who has put on some decent size!

I will go off of your arm question! No, I don't notice that they feel heavier! I don't even notice they look much bigger. I think some of it is the former skinny kid, and I don't see much difference even though it is there!

What I do notice is the way clothes fit. My arms fill the sleeves of a large shirt, or I have an XL wet-suit to accomodate my upper body, and when I *****ed about how it sucked to pull the sleeves up on my arms and shoulders my buddy had to point out why!

For me, it's one of those things that is comparible to how people get so overweight, (except we try to gain muscle). You try to do it, but don't realize it most of the time except for certain times when something makes it noticeable!

I'm about 45 lbs heavier than I was when I started lifting, and most of the time I still feel the same!

There are other people that are probably much bigger that might have different stories, but that's mine!

Hope it helps!
  • Joannesmith2818
    Joannesmith2818 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    To add anouther question....The muscles that run down the side/back....is it lats or something??? I mean when I used to go to the gym, some guys had such large muscles that they couldnt put theres arms by theres side properly!! Does that get annoying, or noticable??
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    HI! all the guys out there, this is for you!! a question I have wondered, and never really found a way to ask anyone.
    Now for all you lads with the big arms, the strong abs....
    WHAT DOES IT FEEL LIKE??? I always wonder, when you move your arms do they feel heavier than before? do you feel them flexing?? can you even explain it??

Weird post, I know that. But come on lads, a lady is curious here!!!

I don't feel any different really apart from some muscles scrapping against each other ( arms and lats for example)
  • mrdexter1
    mrdexter1 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    To add anouther question....The muscles that run down the side/back....is it lats or something??? I mean when I used to go to the gym, some guys had such large muscles that they couldnt put theres arms by theres side properly!! Does that get annoying, or noticable??

o yes they can, but they think it looks cool to walk like dorks !
  • infamousdrew76
    infamousdrew76 Posts: 176 Member
    Options

Can't speak for everyone, but I don't notice my lats most of the time, and I am going out on a limb saying that you'd have to have some pretty good size to notice! If you notice a guy that his arms aren't natural to his side, he is either: a) pretty big, and he might notice, so ask him, or b) he has the imaginary big boy syndrome! I believe most guys that don't let their arms fall naturally to their side fall into category b.

Again, the only time I notice is in certain clothes. Certain things are a bit tighet across the back even though i'm wearing a size that should be plenty big enough.
  • tjthegreatone
    Options
    I knew a guy like that once :laugh: He was a PhD student and one of our lecturers. Prob about 5'5. Massive biceps, pecs, deltoids and lats but small skinny legs. He walked like a nearnderthal, hunched over with his arms permanently pronated. We thought it was hilarious but looking back it must have taken a lot of dedication to get that big :laugh:
  • Joannesmith2818
    Joannesmith2818 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    LOL to all the answers. Maybe it was a "put on" walk.
  • Kayden1986
    Kayden1986 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    thank you for the responses!!! I got curious you see, because I was wondering how you lads adapted to having bigger muscles and a new shape!! thank you for responding to the curious strange English girl :D esp infamousdrew!!! xx
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!