Easy healthy oven recipes please!

Options
seedrah6
seedrah6 Posts: 56 Member
I’d love to have some ideas for things I can pop in the oven and just wait on as cooking for one is sometimes boring.

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    I often bake an oven tray full of vegies, sprinkled with spices and herbs, plus oil if you want it. I'll have some protein I can bake with it, and put that on the same tray at the end for however long it takes. (chicken or fish works well for baking)

Frittata is good too

Pizza (homemade)
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Garlic and rosemary roasted potatoes are amazing. Cut the potatoes into wedges (don't need to peel), dry them, mix with pressed garlic and rosemary leaves (we use fresh from our garden but dried should work just as well and if you don't like the texture of leaves use whole springs which you can remove easily when it's done), round it all up with some olive oil mixing through again. Now all you need to do is throw them in a preheated oven and wait. It takes less than 5 minutes of prep and 40 or so minutes in the oven. If you have some time soak the cut potatoes in water for a 10 or so minutes before drying them.
  • laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    I do a lot of roasted potatoes and veggies. Red potatoes and halved Brussels sprouts are great in the fall.
    Toss in a little oil, add salt, pepper, powdered garlic, onion, and cayenne pepper. Roast at 425 degrees F for 20-25 minutes. I top it with a poached egg.

Chicken or pork cutlets and veggies - dip lean meat in egg or beaten egg white, then a mix of seasoned panko and Parmesan. Bake around 375 degree F for 20 minutes. Add a foil packet of herbs and potatoes or broccoli or cauliflower, and they'll be done around the same time.

Fish in parchment - stack some thinly sliced veggies, fish of choice, and a little butter or oil and any seasoning you want to a sheet of baking parchment. Fold the edges together to seal it into a packet, and it'll steam together in the oven in about 15 minutes. Fresh and tasty! I like French green beans, cherry tomatoes, and salmon done this way. Potatoes will work too, just slice them very thin.