Weight loss diet?

Options
Hi guys, i'm 20 yrs old, weighing 114.5 KG, hight 189 cm.
I'm looking for a weight loss diet which is not more than 1700 cal a day, low carbs and hight in protein.
Please if you can show a photo of the program you're following day by day it would be perfect. Or show any healthy foods that will complete a 1700 cal diet.
Thank you!

Replies

• Tariq_1997
    Tariq_1997 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Eat whatever you like that comes to 1700 (plus exercise cals) total.

Whatever i like? Even if it's from fast food? Lol
    And what do you mean by plus exercise cals?
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Stop this right now. Eat the amount of calories MFP suggested (wasn't that 2400?). Eat food you like. Stop thinking about foods as healthy and unhealthy. A diet is more or less healthy. A diet that includes a wide variety of whole foods is healthy, even if it also includes some fast food. A diet that does not include enough nutrition, is not healthy, even if it's free from fast food. Does this make sense?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Tariq_1997 wrote: »

yep, even fast food if it fits your calories and macros.

MFP gives you a deficit before exercise, so you should eat back what you burn when you exercise so that you're not under eating.
  • Tariq_1997
    Options
    Didn't mfp recommend you to eat 2400 to lose 1lb week?

As you've been told many times, you can eat what you like to lose weight. Plan a day of meals you like, incorporating foods you like, to meet your calorie goal. Alter amounts to fit.

You don't need high protein. You need sufficient protein - you have been linked to the thread on how to work out your macros previously. You also need sufficient fats, and then you'd probably benefit from using the rest of your calories for carbs.

Yep it recommended 2400 cals but because i have lost alot of weight really quickly by eating alot pess i'm worried if i eat 2400 cals a day and get the weight back.
    And so i can eat about 150-200 grams of carbs a day?
    I read alot about the macros but still dunno how to manage them tbh
  • kommodevaran
    Options
    How many more times do you need to be told the same?
  • Tariq_1997
    Options
    Stop this right now. Eat the amount of calories MFP suggested (wasn't that 2400?). Eat food you like. Stop thinking about foods as healthy and unhealthy. A diet is more or less healthy. A diet that includes a wide variety of whole foods is healthy, even if it also includes some fast food. A diet that does not include enough nutrition, is not healthy, even if it's free from fast food. Does this make sense?

I understand that and i'm changing but i was just wondering if the diet is 1700 or 2400 cals a day does that mean that i can eat whatever i want but not go above 2400 cal
  • TavistockToad
    Options

I understand that and i'm changing but i was just wondering if the diet is 1700 or 2400 cals a day does that mean that i can eat whatever i want but not go above 2400 cal

yep...
  • Tariq_1997
    Options

MFP gives you a deficit before exercise, so you should eat back what you burn when you exercise so that you're not under eating.

So i shouldn't exceed the macros MFP gives me? Example: if it tells me to eat 70 grams of fat, i will have to eat 70?
    And eat everything i burn as well
  • Tariq_1997
    Options

Lmfaoo.
    Look i got a question.
    I lost alot of weight in a short time and as people say if you loss the weight really quick you'll get it back in no time, so is that true? And let's say i eat only 2000 calories a day without exercising does that make me gain wait?
  • TavistockToad
    Options

So i shouldn't exceed the macros MFP gives me? Example: if it tells me to eat 70 grams of fat, i will have to eat 70?

exceeding your calories is an issue, exceeding one macro, not so much.
  • kommodevaran
    Options

Lmfaoo.
    Look i got a question.
    I lost alot of weight in a short time and as people say if you loss the weight really quick you'll get it back in no time, so is that true? And let's say i eat only 2000 calories a day without exercising does that make me gain wait?
    You won't "automatically" regain - you regain if you over time eat more than your body burns. But if you eat too little, over time, you work up an uncontrollable hunger. When you're uncontrollably hungry, you will overeat, and keep overeating. If you overeat, over time, you gain weight. It's easy to gain weight. You'll want to do everything you can to get an upper hand in this game, not set yourself up to fail. It's just that.

If your maintenance calories is 3000, you will lose weight eating below 3000 calories. 2000 is less than 3000.
  • Tariq_1997
    Options

Like i just changed the macros and it's back to the way it was, it shows to eat 2030 calories a day, 50% carbs (250 grams) 30% fat and 20% carbs
  • TavistockToad
    Options

Like i just changed the macros and it's back to the way it was, it shows to eat 2030 calories a day, 50% carbs (250 grams) 30% fat and 20% carbs

ok?
  • Heather4448
    Heather4448 Posts: 908 Member
    Options

Lmfaoo.
    Look i got a question.

You’ll gain weight if you eat over your maintenance calories- be that in carrots or Taco Bell. Exercise for health, not for weight loss.
  • kommodevaran
    Options

If you have a target, that means that you should hit that target. It doesn't mean more than that. It does imply that you'll have to log correctly, but it does not mean that you have to eat certain foods or avoid certain foods. That's the whole point with MFP and where it's different from most weightloss methods. Most diets tell you what to eat and not eat. MFP is not a diet, it's a tool to help you track your food intake. As with any tool, you have to use it correctly for it to work as desired.
  • Tariq_1997
    Options

Lmfaoo.
    Look i got a question.
    You won't "automatically" regain - you regain if you over time eat more than your body burns. But if you eat too little, over time, you work up an uncontrollable hunger. When you're uncontrollably hungry, you will overeat, and keep overeating. If you overeat, over time, you gain weight. It's easy to gain weight. You'll want to do everything you can to get an upper hand in this game, not set yourself up to fail. It's just that.

If your maintenance calories is 3000, you will lose weight eating below 3000 calories. 2000 is less than 3000.

Tbh i'm starting to feel more hungry after i lost the weight but not uncontrolled, now it shows to eat 2030 calories so hopefully i den't get thr weight back
  • Tariq_1997
    Options

ok?

So that's alright to eat