2»

Replies

• JustineMarie21
    JustineMarie21 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Omg I totally feel the same way. My brain is on calorie over drive :(
  • tjthegreatone
    Options
    I would recommend, from my own experience to NEVER plan a day ahead, for me it is a set up for failure. Maybe not after a day, week, motnh or a year but eventually it leads to failure as I learned. It is the thing that ruined my diet anyway. Because when i plan and do one little thing not according to my plan my day is set for failure and I am bound t overeat. So that is in my experience the worst thing you can do. I am just like you, working the excess calories and constantly thinking about food and calores and it is really hard to get out of that mentality, i have been trying for months and just beginning to do it. But you really need to learn to forgive yourself, we're all humans and mistakes are part of learning and a part of a journey that you are leading.You sre not perfect and you will make more mistakes but you are not a machine and the food you "overate" with is probably something your body needed anyway. For example I had a diet tht had much more protein, no fats and low carbs but enough calories and then I felt stuffed for example but in the need of something( carbs, bread) so i started a week of failure and destruction. I ate only butter bread and margarine for the entire week which was because of the inbalances i had in my diet so your body required it anyway too. Relax, don't overexercise and believe me your body will be grateful.
    :flowerforyou:
    So pleased and proud of this comment Majda! Co-sign all the way :drinker:
  • pluckabee
    pluckabee Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    In my opinion, the mfp method is flawed. Net calories is an absolutely meaningless concept and obsessing about it is going to do you no good, and isn't going to help you maintain weight loss

OP, I suggest that you stop logging your exercise calories entirely. Split apart diet and exercise, they are separate things that complement each other, they aren't intrinsically entwined.

Make workout goals that have nothing to do with eating more. Aim to run faster, or lift heavier. Make a goal to do 50 pushups in a row and work towards it. This will help you keep up your exercise beyond just losing weight.

So you don't go insane from hunger, set your mfp calorie goal a bit higher. So if you have it set for 2lbs a week, change it to 1lb or if you have it set for 1lb change to .5lb. This way you know you are still eating at a deficit and any exercise you do is sort of a bonus to supplement the weight loss.

Your goal shouldn't be just to lose weight but to sustain weight loss and if the net calorie thing is driving you crazy, it is not sustainable for you.
  • Beautifullymadetoday
    Beautifullymadetoday Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I was doing exactly that counting calories, weighing myself everyday, if i gained one pound i would eat less the next day. I could not stop freaking out ,but i learned you have to go into mfp with the right mindset. Otherwise your gonna end up overeating, stressing, and wishing food did'nt exsicst and you did'nt have to eat...
    So lay off the scale remind yourself that victory will come. (what God starts he will finish)
    I still stress a little, but who dosent i just remind myself self control. Do not be lazy.
    and phillipians 4:13
  • llfretwell
    llfretwell Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU everyone! These replies are what make me love MFP.

HopeFaithLove, this makes me want to keep going with insanity. I was feeling like I wanted to give up, but I think I will alternate insanity with weight lifting. Thank you so much for the feedback!