5ft 3in 180lbs(ish) 29yrs old

So I started on here last night and I am absolutely shocked that I thought I was eating quite well and thought there was no way I could be hitting 2000 calories a day. Man how wrong I was. Just by logging breakfast and lunch I’ve been really surprised at what I thought hardly had any calories. Ive been logging EVERYTHING like margarine and squash in my water. I have a really good feeling now I am being 100% honest in my logging. No thinking “oh this wont matter its 1 sugar in my cup of tea” because it turns out it does matter. Ive ordered a fitbit and new bathroom scales as I know im a little under 180lbs but not sure exactly what as I cant remember. Anyways feel free to add me if you have similar goals as I need motivation. Im going to work and hopefully can hide my phone on me to count my steps lol.

Replies

• MrsQueenG
    MrsQueenG Posts: 12 Member
    I should probably add I’m taking medication for depression (sertraline) underactive thyroid (levothyroxine) asthma (steroid inhaler) and I also suffer IBS
  • hargiebargie
    hargiebargie Posts: 382 Member
    Hang in there. You got this. MFP is a good adjuster for our food-realities. It's happened to me, its happen t everyone. It does all matter and all adds up.

Also some of us live with depression too. There is a good thread right now in Fun and Games about how to live with it and try to be fit and healthy and how the two are tied together.

Best of luck.
  • LC0924
    LC0924 Posts: 71 Member
    Sounds like you are making all the right changes! Logging can be... eye-opening, haha. Take it one day at a time and you will see the consistency start to pay off :)
  • MeechyLA
    MeechyLA Posts: 159 Member
    Welcome! Yes, 100% logging honesty is key. Anyone can mess with the numbers to make the report look good, but at the end of the day, what's the point if you're not getting to where you want to be? You got this!
  • MrsQueenG
    MrsQueenG Posts: 12 Member
    Meechy exactly you’d only be cheating yourself by thinking something doesnt matter. Im even logging tea bags
  • Fitwithit80
    Fitwithit80 Posts: 499 Member
    Feel free to add me:)