Avoid That Scale!

Options
I’ve only been back at this for a month. At about this point in past attempt, the scale stops showing a loss and might even show some gains. I have TWO scales set up in clear view but I’m hesitant and anxious about weighing in. I’ve been under my daily calorie goals all week. I’ve moved around a bit more according to the Fitbit. So, all should be ok but I’m never the less scared of doing it. Anybody else out there with scale-itis?

Replies

• Johns_Dope_AF
    Johns_Dope_AF Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Daily weigh ins let me know if what I'm doing is working. I'm not just hoping for a loss, I work diligently towards that daily. If I gain I need to know immediately to adjust my caloric intake.
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,217 Member
    Options
    I understand the anxiety but the longer you put it off the more that anxiety will build. I also support daily weighing and tracking the trend vs. emphasizing the daily number.
  • brightresolve
    brightresolve Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I agree on daily weighing! I go up and down depending on lots of things, and if I weigh and record here daily, the report over time helps me understand what's going on. I can avoid getting discouraged by a bad day that way. Maybe sounds counterintuitive but works for me.
  • kristen8000
    kristen8000 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Daily weighing and a trending app has pretty much stopped causing me frusteration. I was noticing when I weighed 1x week, I'd miss the day I dropped...I make go for days and days with the same #...then POW 2lbs gone.

Daily weighing and using the trend ap (Libra) give me a graph with data and show what's really happening.