Options
13»

Replies

• evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    davidylin wrote: »
    So, there's a couple of odd behaviors I find that I do to help me stick to my calorie counts and I was wondering what everyone else's might be, if they have any at all. This is the weird stuff I do to make myself feel better about dieting:
    • I like to add a couple ounces of regular Coke into my Coke Zero.
    • I reuse my take-out soda cups to drink ice water.
    • I go to McDonald's or Subway or something else like it five times a week just to feel like a normal person, even though I'm ordering the healthier stuff when I get there.
    • I buy butter croissants, bakery goods, and bread that pretty frequently just goes into the trash just because I like to see them on my counter (I don't get it either and it is hella wasteful).

What do you do to soothe yourself while trying to lose weight?

Buy all the seasonal flavors of healthy stuff - like protein bars and popcorn LOL. Nothing makes me happier.
    I shuddered when I thought about a pumpkin spice protein bar. To each their own :D

I would try that! I was hoping to find a pumpkin pie quest bar, but have not seen one (don't know if they exist or not). I've been living on the apple pie bars... so I was hopeful. Ha ha.
    Quest made these a year or two ago...they were vile, which explains why we haven't seen them again.
  • Nathanae
    Nathanae Posts: 29 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Watch cooking and baking shows, and do a lot more baking. I have no idea how that helps except maybe the whole “you eat with your eyes first” thing.
    I've been watching the Great British Baking show and it has me hooked. Every season I pick a wife and am always disappointed when they don't ultimately win :(

I was lucky, that Steven, my favourite, at least made it to the final! :D But yeah, also cooking shows for me. And gum. But since I had a stressful time I got into the habit of chewing so much gum that it started to make me a little sick. but the addiction is still there. (Yes, sugar-free chewing gum!) and my jaws hurt a lot! but it is better to chew gum than chocolate!
  • Nathanae
    Nathanae Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Oh, and also: I like to focus on the smell of delicious food! Like when I gave up sugar for lent, I would ask my ex-best-friend to just let me smell his chocolate biscuits (he knew I was weird, so I could do that with him). But that only works if you appreciate smells anyway and can see how they can bring similar pleasure to pleasant tastes.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    My collection of herbal teas takes up an inordinate amount of pantry space.
  • davidylin
    davidylin Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Nathanae wrote: »
    Oh, and also: I like to focus on the smell of delicious food! Like when I gave up sugar for lent, I would ask my ex-best-friend to just let me smell his chocolate biscuits (he knew I was weird, so I could do that with him). But that only works if you appreciate smells anyway and can see how they can bring similar pleasure to pleasant tastes.
    Jimmy John's recently came to my area. I snarfed some Coca-cola when I saw their neon sign in the window: "free smells."
  • maggibailey
    maggibailey Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Nathanae wrote: »

I have almost no sense of smell, which seems pretty weird for a person who loves food like I do. I can be baking bread in my kitchen and no even smell that . I love yankee candela because I know they make the house smell nice, but after 2 min I can’t smell them anymore. It’s a bit sad lol