Postpartum Belly Pictures?

Options
Hello everyone! I have a friend who had a baby about 4 months ago. She's really struggling because many of the ladies in her life who were also pregnant around when she was bounced back before their maternity leave was even over, and she just hasn't had that result. I'm working on losing weight with her, and being supportive, but losing weight with your 320 pound friend is not the same kind of motivation as working towards a pre-baby body. She's feeling kind of alone in struggling with postpartum weight, and could really use some support to show that that's not the case. Would anyone be willing to share their postpartum pictures/stories to help her feel supported?

Replies

• SmithsonianEmpress
    SmithsonianEmpress Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    I don’t have pictures but I had a big ol belly and boobs and thighs for days before delivery...just like many women. If this is her first she needs to be realistic about how her body has changed. 4 months is WAY to early to “panic/be sad about no progress”. A realistic amount of time to get ones eating habits together and a consistent workout regime and to see positive results is 18 months to 2 years. It takes just that long to stick with it.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Maybe she should get on MFP....?
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    I found this site to be very helpful when I was struggling with the changes pregnancy and motherhood brought to my body http://theshapeofamother.com
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    I had 3 babies within 3 years, so I never had time to "bounce back". :D She has to cut herself some slack and stop comparing herself to others. She should get on here, log her food and get exercise when she can (assuming her doctor has no concerns). I don't have any post baby pics to show, but tell her she isn't alone and that over time she will feel more like herself.