What food do you wish you could get in Canada....

2»

Replies

• zeldon919
    zeldon919 Posts: 118 Member
    Trader Joe's. So many great items.
  • tpcmv2003
    tpcmv2003 Posts: 13 Member
    Quorn
  • sarasmiles124
    sarasmiles124 Posts: 138 Member
    Grits.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    jgnatca wrote: »
    Linzon wrote: »
    I hear the US has more than one flavour for Oreos. And flavoured peanut butter. That sort of blows my mind.

We have those things in Canada too, take a good poke around the grocery store next time you’re there! Right now our Superstore has, for Oreo flavours: apple pie, golden, cinnamon bun, and salted caramel.

Are you in Ontario? I haven't seen these in Edmonton, Alberta.

I’m in Calgary and we get all of those flavours at stores here. I’ve also seen them at the superstore in Nanaimo so I’m sure they are available in Edmonton.

Then obviously I have not been spending enough time down the cookie aisle.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    I hear the US has more than one flavour for Oreos. And flavoured peanut butter. That sort of blows my mind.

Surely those things exist in Canada? Even in Australia we get strawberry, chocolate, and PB/choc Oreos as standard, and once we even had orange (flavoured, not just coloured filling)... Plus white choc and milk choc coated.
    (we get halo top too :D sorry!)
  • Sairzie
    Sairzie Posts: 122 Member
    Forget the food....I wish I could get myself to Canada!
  • jgnatca
    But I hear in Australia you don't have the wide variety of milk products we enjoy here, like half-and-half.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Linzon wrote: »

We have those things in Canada too, take a good poke around the grocery store next time you’re there! Right now our Superstore has, for Oreo flavours: apple pie, golden, cinnamon bun, and salted caramel.

Are you in Ontario? I haven't seen these in Edmonton, Alberta.

I'm in Edmonton too and I have seen tons of those flavoured Oreos around. They're not my thing but sometimes I'm tempted anyway just because they're new. I notice them often at Shoppers actually, as well as the Stadium Save-On.

My vote is also for Halo Top. Sigh.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    But I hear in Australia you don't have the wide variety of milk products we enjoy here, like half-and-half.

No.... We just have skim (very low/no fat), hilo (low fat) and full cream milk.

Half-and-half is so good!
  • jgnatca
    I'd like to see more native fruit in the stores, like Saskatoons.
  • Fit_B4_Forty
    Fit_B4_Forty Posts: 950 Member
    HALO TOP!!!