Feel like I just ate a million calories

Options
If your watching tv with snacks infront of you, does anyone else just keep grazing even if you're full?

I think it must be a survival reflex.

Replies

• Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    I do that when I'm driving if I'm dumb enough to buy a bag of donut holes or chocolates. I eat til I get home and it's a 20 minute drive....That said, I'm not that dumb anymore.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Put the snacks away!
  • czmiles926
    czmiles926 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Put the snacks away!

Haha, most of them aren't even my snacks though!
  • aerosolo
    aerosolo Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Forced myself to stop eating out of the cheez it box for that reason. Now I try to only carry drinks into the living room.
  • denisesurrey
    denisesurrey Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am just so glad to hear I am not the only one who does these things!
  • Sunnybrooke99
    Sunnybrooke99 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I only have this problem if my boyfriend brings a bag of chips, or cookies, into the living room. I try not to even buy the stuff.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Don’t eat out of the container and weigh your portions.

yep, get your portion, ignore the rest.
  • kathleensamuels
    kathleensamuels Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Weekends are my weekness Lol I struggle on a Friday and Saturday Night!
  • kristen8000
    kristen8000 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I'm to the point if I haven't weighed out a snack, I don't eat it. So, if BF brings a bag of whatever to the couch to snack on while movie watching - I don't eat any. If I want food, I'll get up and get my own. Saves me a ton of calories...
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I don't ever have snacks just sitting out while I'm watching t.v...and on average I'd say I watch about 30 minutes of t.v. per day and that's about it...
  • ravengirl2014
    ravengirl2014 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    It is so weird...even at my heaviest I would lose control with certain foods but it was totally unrelated to my tv watching...I hear so much about how bad it is to watch tv...I still watch a ton of tv...and I have lost 43 pds this year so far...I guess it goes to show how different everyone's journey is...
  • tuolon
    tuolon Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Ugg. Halloween candy. No control.
  • sarahcohee
    sarahcohee Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Ate so much candy tonight... but on the upside, I have a headache and feel uncomfortably full so I'm not tempted to do that again!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    sarahcohee wrote: »
    Ate so much candy tonight... but on the upside, I have a headache and feel uncomfortably full so I'm not tempted to do that again!

Heh, that's how I feel every time I overeat candy. Funnily, I forgot how crap it felt by the time I get the urge to do it again...
  • jayjay12345654321
    jayjay12345654321 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I live in a studio cabin in the rural mountains of Montana, so the bed is also my sofa and dining table. I crank the heat up to keep out the cold, then I eat spoon after spoon of sherbet while watching tv. It's not a good habit, but I admit to doing it.
  • evilpoptart63
    evilpoptart63 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Thats exactly why I dont eat out of the box haha! I used to do the same thing. Now I log everything before I eat so I can decide if its worth it.
  • kencraik
    kencraik Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I feel this on a personal level, I have a bad habit of snacking when I'm bored, or if I know I have snacks I want to eat them all even if I'm not hungry. I also always feel the need to snack when I'm studying...
  • kencraik
    kencraik Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thats exactly why I dont eat out of the box haha! I used to do the same thing. Now I log everything before I eat so I can decide if its worth it.

This is so smart omg
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    I live in a studio cabin in the rural mountains of Montana, so the bed is also my sofa and dining table. I crank the heat up to keep out the cold, then I eat spoon after spoon of sherbet while watching tv. It's not a good habit, but I admit to doing it.

I live in the mountains of Montana as well (not as rural as you). I can't eat ice cream or sherbet when it's cold out, even with the heat cranked up. My snack at night is mixed nuts and chocolate. Weighed of course. ;)