Halloween transformation

Options
Pictures definitely help me stay focused and appreciate my progress! The left was last years halloween & Right was last weekend! Definitely puts things in perspective! I will allow myself some treats and plan my day accordingly!

Has anyone else noticed that halfway through their weight loss journey things kind on slow down? Ive lost 27 & have 20lbs to go and it’s been so difficult! I’ve heard the last half of weight is harder to lose so interested if anyone else has experienced this?

Thanks!

tw5qu3toeo1p.jpeg

Replies

• rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    You look so good! Yes, weight loss is definitely easier in the beginning. Firstly your body adapts to fewer calories, and second you weigh less and so have lower calorie requirements.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,867 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Nice! Though you got gypped with those jeans: someone tool a bite out of them before selling them to you :lol:

Slowing down is universal; that's why you hear it mentioned so many times.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Awesome progress!!

For why weight loss slows, and what to do about it, have a read of this: https://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/the-full-diet-break.html/

Also have a read of this particularly awesome thread (who, me? Biased? :p): http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10604863/of-refeeds-and-diet-breaks/p1

In conjunction with all of that, lowering your deficit as you get closer to goal is absolutely a thing you should do. With only 20 lb to go, you should be aiming for 0.5-1 lb per week max.
  • darlibby
    darlibby Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Great transformation. Same dude in both pics?
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Weight loss slows down because the closer you are you goal, the less deficit you can create. Stick with your plan and you will get there.
    I lost 150. The first 50 took 6 months, the next 50 8 months and the last 50 a year.
  • maura_tasi
    maura_tasi Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! And yep, weight lose definitely slows the closer you get to your goal. I've lost 25lbs so far and also have 20 to go! Since I've noticed it slow I've been more meticulous with my logging and I've added workouts. It's slower but hasn't stopped!
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! I'm super jealous of your beautiful hair!
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    First, you’re stunning. Great job. Second yes, it does get more and more difficult as you get leaner. You can grit your teeth and keep a big deficit. Or be patient, lift and stay at .5# per week. I prefer the latter.
  • Messy_Human
    Messy_Human Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Wow! That's an amazing difference.... congrats!! :+1::smiley:
  • iamthemotherofdogs
    iamthemotherofdogs Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    You look phenomenal, way to go.
  • ISweat4This
    ISweat4This Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    You look great!!