Lets lose 40 pounds by Christmas!!!!

Options
Babyphat2def
Babyphat2def Posts: 6 Member
Hey you guys do you have 40 pounds or over to lose? Let's lose it before Christmas or better yet New Years 2018. That is like 62 days to New Years and around 55 days to Christmas. I am currently 257lbs in April I was 287. I would like for us to stay motivated because you know those crazy New Years Resolutions will be floating everywhere before long, but at least we will already be on track before then. Lets keep each other motivated and share ideas and recipes on how you are staying on track and what you will be eating on Thanksgiving instead of the regular unhealthy stuff. Let me know your start off weight as well.

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    promoting crash diets are against forum rules...
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    This is not healthy or realistic....
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    40 Lbs in 2 months? Not very realistic...that's 5 Lbs per week...you can't lose 5 Lbs of fat per week...'cuz math.

Healthy weight loss is 1-2 Lbs per week depending...if you're losing more than 1% of your body weight per week, you're torching some lean mass.
  • Athena98501
    Athena98501 Posts: 716 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I don't think you actually want to be unhealthy in the way you go about this, because losing weight is usually about wanting to improve your health. I think you aim to go after what you want, and hit it hard. The trouble is, what you want to try would be sacrificing your health hardcore. 2-ish pounds per week is the most you should aim for, given your goal. What you're talking about would involve a 2500 calorie deficit per day. That would leave you with just a few hundred calories per day (at best) that you'd be consuming, aka, anorexia.

People here aren't trying to burst your bubble, but if they see someone proposing something harmful, they'll oppose it and won't mince words.