Struggling to lose weight despite exercising and following 1,400 calories a day

Options
2»

Replies

• Goal179
    Goal179 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Took me a year to lose 20 pounds. I think you are doing really well considering how slowly it goes for some of us. Please don't be discouraged. Keep doing what you are doing
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Your diary has many entries that are not necessarily reflective of someone who is weighing everything (cups, trays, servings, medium banana). You also use homemade entries which unless you are the person who made the recipe how would you know if it is correct? How much you have to lose to be at a healthy weight also will affect your rate of loss (the closer you are the slower loss becomes). 3.3 pounds in a month isn't bad.
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options
    I don't eat the calories I earn at the gym. I go to the gym 6 times a week for an hour a time. On Sunday I did not go to the gym but I went for a walk with my brother, friend and dog and worked off 348 calories. I use Runtastic for walking but use the calories on the machines at the gym. I normally round them down. I give myself 1,400 calories and use up 300 in the gym

But how are you tracking what you eat? Measuring, weighing, eyeballing?
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I don't eat the calories I earn at the gym. I go to the gym 6 times a week for an hour a time. On Sunday I did not go to the gym but I went for a walk with my brother, friend and dog and worked off 348 calories. I use Runtastic for walking but use the calories on the machines at the gym. I normally round them down. I give myself 1,400 calories and use up 300 in the gym

But how are you tracking what you eat? Measuring, weighing, eyeballing?

OP said weighing.

It could be inaccurate entries though - I've seen that a lot. That being said, 3 lbs in a month isn't bad at all... Honestly, one hour at the gym is just 200-300 calories typically, it's not that much if you're sitting the rest of the day. I don't know how much you have to lose OP, but if you don't have much, you probably don't have that much of a deficit with 1400 calories... I'd probably lose less than what you did if I ate 1400 with only 7000 steps a day (which is what I would get with one hour at the gym and didn't move the rest of the day).