Somewhat new to MFP...

Hello, my name is Eric and I’ve been using MFP for nearly 100 Days now. It all started after I had hiatal hernia repair surgery on 1 Aug. The morning of my surgery I weighed 289.7 pounds. Obviously a surgery of the stomach/esophagus will hamper your appetite for some time - and in my first two weeks I lost about 20 lbs - largely due to a liquid/MSF diet. About that time I was introduced to MFP (I think by my doctor - as a means to start logging calories on my path to recovery). Initially I wasn’t trying to change my lifestyle, but rather create a diary of how food were impacting me due to some side effects. It turns out, I’ve starting showing some minor symptoms of dumping syndrome (yes, it is as bad as it sounds) which forced me to cut sugar and carbs. This side effect has forced me to go low-carb/Keto for the foreseeable future (at least 6-12 months). Fastforward 90 or so days and I’ve now lost over 50 pounds. I hesitate to say this is all due to a healthy diet/lifestyle change, but I would also like to think it is also because of some personal choices (I’ve started exercising more, making healthier eating choices, etc) As recovering from surgery continues to improve - as well as my appetite - I’ve made a decision to get back in shape - but more importantly, to get healthy. I still struggle with post-surgery issues (eating can still be a challenge - which forces intermittent fasting and low-caloric intake a few days a week).

Thanks for taking the time to read my story...best of luck to you and your journey.

Replies

• MrsWatkins2024
    MrsWatkins2024 Posts: 103 Member
    Hello!! Congrats on your success so far!! Best of luck to you on your journey!! Feel free to add me to your friends list if you want to