Eating all the calories

Options
If MFP says my max calories are 1300 should i eat them al or just not more than that and still lose weight?

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    The calories MFP gives you are already at a deficit, so you should be eating all of them.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    penny0368 wrote: »
    If MFP says my max calories are 1300 should i eat them al or just not more than that and still lose weight?

You should eat all, plus a bit more if you burn additional calories though exercise.
  • ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    Think of it this way, it's a goal not a limit. You should work to meet that goal as closely as you can each day. If you exercise, add those calories to your goal and eat up to that calorie level.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    And, be patient.
  • jdog022
    jdog022 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    in my personal opinion eating all your alloted weekly calories leads to long term adherence and prevents binges. I say weekly in case you want bank cals for whatever reason.
  • Lesscookies1
    Lesscookies1 Posts: 250 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Eat whatever number is given to you by MyFitnessPal. One thing I've learned over the years is that some people are trying to lose weight at an aggressive rate like trying to lose 2 pounds every week when they only have 5-15 pounds to lose.

What's your current height and weight? You may be able to eat more calories if you change how much you want to lose. I personally wouldn't be able to do 1300 calories unless I was extremely short, and that was my maintenance rate which it's not. I finished eating for the day, and I've stopped at 1700 calories for today.