Goal Weight Fluctuation?

Options
When deciding on a goal weight range... how many pounds would you generally take into account for fluctuation?

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I have a 7 pound (3 kilos) range that I consider my goal weight.
  • kristen8000
    kristen8000 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    My goal range is 147-152. I'm currently 145...I don't mind being under, over will send warning bells!
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    My current goal weight is right in the middle of my target range.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    When deciding on a goal weight range... how many pounds would you generally take into account for fluctuation?

3-4 pounds
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,006 Member
    Options
    I am in maintenance and I set a 5 pound range. I usually fluctuate within 2 pounds.
  • JadeQuetzal
    JadeQuetzal Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    My weight fluctuates 3-5 lbs. 3 lbs max when I weigh myself in the morning, but it fluctuates a little more if I weigh myself later in the day or evening.
  • JetJaguar
    JetJaguar Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    +/- about 2 lbs. My goal weight is 150 lbs. and I bounce around 148-152.
  • bacs
    bacs Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    About 5 lbs. My range is 120-125
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    I usually fluctuate up or down 0-3 Lbs...it can be more at times depending, but more than 3 Lbs is pretty rare. Looking at a trend line will help to see where your average lies.

I'm up about 6 Lbs from my maintenance weight at the moment due to things being rather crazy for the last couple of months...while 6 Lbs could be a fluctuation for me, I can look at a trend line and see my weight averages slowly and steadily increasing over the last 2-3 months...

Also, if it's an overnight kind of thing, it's a fluctuation...you don't put on pounds of fat overnight...'cuz math.
  • maggibailey
    maggibailey Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    5 pounds. 10 pounds more is where I stop fitting in my pants, start feeling frumpy and unhappy.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I have a 5lb spring/summer range and my autumn winter range is 5lb higher than that as I feel the cold terrible.
  • JennJ323
    JennJ323 Posts: 646 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    My goal is 128-131.. preferably closer to 128. But I usually weigh in around 129-130.
  • JDMac82
    JDMac82 Posts: 3,192 Member
    Options
    I like to stay under 200 for work related reasons. I float between 195 - 200. Been sitting at 197 the past few times I was on the scale, which is not often.
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    I gave myself a 5lb range of 150-155, my doctor gave me a range of 145-165 and I'd like to stay to the lower middle of that
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I can swing 5-7 pounds overnight depending on the TOM, sodium consumption, and workout recovery so I consider anything within 7 pounds of my goal weight to be good.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    5-10 lbs
  • Rogstar
    Rogstar Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I might change my mind once I get there, but I figure I'll treat goal weight like my weight as I'm losing. Once I hit a new low, I allow myself to bounce back up a maximum of 5lbs for 2-3 days before worrying about it.

I'm taking a break from actively losing (I dropped over 25 lbs in the first half of the year and I kinda just want to hang out here for a while. At this point, I just want to make it to New Years without gaining!) My recent lowest was 190.8, and I haven't gone higher than 195 for more than two days in a row in the last 4 months. I figure once I hit my goal weight (probably around 150ish?) I'll allow the same bump up, and really hunker down again if I go over 10lbs without a good reason!
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,686 Member
    Options
    I try to stay within a 5 pound range. Usually it's only 1 or 2 pounds up and down, but I don't have to worry about TOM and I never weigh myself after a restaurant meal with its high sodium.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,827 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I would say about 5 trending weight lbs.

Looking back at an incredibly slow loss these past 12 months I see a max of 157.7 and min of 153.0 in terms of trending weight. This corresponds to scale weight fluctuations of 9lbs ranging from 159.8 to 151.2.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    I would say about 5 trending weight lbs.

Looking back at an incredibly slow loss these past 12 months I see a max of 157.7 and min of 153.0 in terms of trending weight. This corresponds to scale weight fluctuations of 9lbs ranging from 159.8 to 151.2.

That's great consistency and your numbers are almost exactly the same as mine!