When do YOU log a loss?

Options
124»

Replies

• iquiltoo
    iquiltoo Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I get round this by having a weigh day!, once a week on the same day at same time off day i weigh myself in same clothes, closest you can get
    ^^ this!

I weigh once a week, first thing in the morning before breakfast, typically in my underwear just for consistency! and I log it every week, even if the scales went up a little, as I have to be honest with myself (and others) about my progress and what's working and what isn't.
    Lisa x

ditto, but I weigh once a week at the gym, in my gym clothes, with my shoes on. I know my shoes weigh a bit, but until I get down to near goal, it doesn't really matter since I still have more to lose that what my goal weight is! LOL!
  • itsanatalia
    itsanatalia Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Because my weight seems to flunctuate a lot in a week, I've now decided to only log myself on the same day every week. In this case, Monday. That being said, I still weigh myself regularly during the week since I find it helps keep me on track.
  • remimarie
    Options
    I get round this by having a weigh day!, once a week on the same day at same time off day i weigh myself in same clothes, closest you can get

Since I've been with Curves Complete, I have a weekly weigh-in with my coach. At the beginning of each month I get measured, weighed and body fat calculated. As far as I can tell, it's pretty accurate. I log it on MFP every week, regardless if I lose or gain.
  • RCottonRPh
    RCottonRPh Posts: 148
    Options
    As soon as I see it! If I fluctuate back up, then I do not re-log until my weight has fallen before the previous number I logged. Works for me.
  • melharper1976
    melharper1976 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I log every monday morning, after the loo and before food and drink, naked, I log it whether it's a loss or gain.
  • MinatoandClover
    MinatoandClover Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I don't really care whether my weight fluctuates a bit. I know that it's going to for a number of reasons, so it's not worth worrying about. I log my weight every day. I know that they tell you not to do that, but I think it'll probably be helpful to look at my food logs and weight logs, if I'm having a problem, in order to identify patterns. What seems to work and what doesn't. So, in short, I wouldn't worry so much about it. I'd say log whether you lose or gain. This site isn't just about weight loss - it's a tool to help you figure out how to improve your health and lifestyle. Knowing where your gains are can help you with that.
  • cadaverousbones
    cadaverousbones Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I would weigh myself once a week (same day every week and same time) to get a more accurate picture of your weight loss. Then log it after you weigh in each week. You could even do every other week.
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I log whatever my weight is on my weigh in day. I don't just log losses that have stuck around for a few days as I personally feel that would be cheating myself as weight loss is not linear. It's good to have a record of the ups and downs.
  • berriboobear
    berriboobear Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    At my official weigh in days on Friday (same time, same conditions)... I keep that as my official time to weigh in, otherwise you would endlessly adjusting your weight on here since it fluctuates so much within a day.
  • SkinnyMozza
    SkinnyMozza Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I log once every week... up or down. But if I have lost or gained more than i think i should have on 'weigh in day' i see what I am the next day to make sure it was accurate.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    I log a loss as soon as it appears on my scale.

If the powers that be decide to take it back, I do not 'unlog it'. Instead, I continue on my path until that last number is seen again and surpassed. Then I log the new number.

This way I don't have to play 'tag! you're it' with every new number on the scale.
  • baldielove13
    baldielove13 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I weigh monthly and log in what the number is; loss or gain.
  • 55in13
    55in13 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I log a loss as soon as it appears on my scale.

If the powers that be decide to take it back, I do not 'unlog it'. Instead, I continue on my path until that last number is seen again and surpassed. Then I log the new number.

This way I don't have to play 'tag! you're it' with every new number on the scale.
    Exactly this! I have had some pretty big spikes along the way. I am about to adjust this though, for a great reason - I just hit goal! I logged it and I am still eating at a deficit. I expect to see some numbers below it, but I will not log them. Now I will keep that number as my weight, but really try to keep it as the upper limit. It's harder to do, as the low spikes really are body weight and the upper spikes are water or "more stuff than normal in the pipeline" and I have had some pretty big ones.