Who does IF without being Keto/LCHF

Options
2»

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Simple yes/no answers have their place. Sometimes it's clarifying, expanding, wondering, that fuels us forward.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    I do IF, just because that's how my schedule works, and how I like to eat. I don't low carb/keto

I'm not sure how you'd differentiate between diaries of someone doing IF or not though. I have meal spots called breakfast and morning tea. Im also confused by needing support for IF - if it doesn't work for you, don't do it! I only eat this way because I prefer it to eating meals spread throughout the entire day.
  • maybyn
    maybyn Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I agree with ^^

I don't understand why IF is a "thing" if it's simply to do with meal timings. Everyone (like, e v e r y o n e...) has preferences in relation to when they eat and when they don't want to eat.

I can say that I do a 16:8 to 18:6 because I use up all my calories within a 6-8 hour window but that's because I'm hungry at certain times of the day so I eat during those times. This applies to my entire family too and I'm not a low carber (actually, relatively high carber compared to a lot here).
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I usually have just coffee for breakfast. ::Shrug::
  • notreallychris
    notreallychris Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I eat this way OP. My diary is set up with Fasting Window, Eating Window 1st Meal, Eating Window Snacks, Eating Window 2nd Meal.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    I do a 20:4 IF to lose weight and I eat all food groups and often eat a desert at night after dinner. I've lost about 55-lbs doing that. I do a 16:8 and eat a low carb lunch like a big salad with some cheese and meat in it when I just want to maintain.