What is your winter workout?

Options
2»

Replies

• lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Same things I do the rest of the year - running, walking, hiking, yoga, weights, etc. I live in Denver and love being outside during the entire year.
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    It'd take a lot more than snow, ice and -30 temps to get me to stop trail running so, you know, trail running :D
  • ammo7
    ammo7 Posts: 188 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Keep hiking! Don't let winter stop you from adventuring. It can be even more beautiful, and even more of an exciting adventure to hike in the winter. Make sure you are prepared with enough extra warm clothes, and stay away from steep-angle areas unless you know a lot about avalanches.

I also love snow-shoeing and cross-country skiing because these activities let me explore awesome places AND burn an enormous amount of calories after doing it for the entire day. And they are just plain fun.

Start with a small trail that you know well from the summertime, and go see what it looks like in the winter time. Bonus points for going to a waterfall, to see what it's like when it's frozen.

Edited to add: you can also use grippy things on the bottom of your boots to help you hike on icy trails without having to go full-on snow-shoeing. Mine are called Yaktrax, I think. But there are probably other types too. They are light weight and you can put them on and off as trail conditions vary.
  • jdlobb
    jdlobb Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    I lift things up and put them down
  • azironasun
    azironasun Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to winter. Here in Phoenix that means unplugging the treadmill and walking or hiking outside.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Same as now - gym 3-4 x per week for a combination of interval cardio and strength.
  • MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Ugggh. Stupid freezing Canadian winter. I’m going to try, TRY to use the treadmill at the gym. I freaking hate treadmills so I’m the spring/summer I walk/run outside on my recovery days. I tried to convince myself that I will keep it up in winter if I can just get warm enough but that’s a lie.
    If we had a recumbent bike in the gym I would be all over it for winter cardio.

Other than that my weights workout will be the same. Heavy weights in the gym.