Options
124»

Replies

• Biggster69
    Biggster69 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    mph323 wrote: »
    Biggster69 wrote: »
    I eat about 80 g protein and 250 g carbs, so definitely not low carb. Not a big fan of these low carb diets.

This is a low protein discussion, not low carb. It looks like you have a handle on your protein goals (and carbs) :)

Thanks, totally missed the point. Good thing you set me straight.
  • amy19355
    amy19355 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Rocbola wrote: »

Protein and fat are essential macros, unlike carbs. Scraping by on the bare minimum just seems risky in so many ways.

I'm curious how you arrived at the conclusion that carbs are not essential macros.
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    mph323 wrote: »
    I eat about 80 g protein and 250 g carbs, so definitely not low carb. Not a big fan of these low carb diets.

This is a low protein discussion, not low carb. It looks like you have a handle on your protein goals (and carbs) :)

Thanks, totally missed the point. Good thing you set me straight.

Actually, I owe you an apology. I broke one of my own rules and jumped into a discussion to "correct" a comment that didn't need correction, without adding anything to the actual topic.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    Meh. Year old thread anyway.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    amy19355 wrote: »
    Rocbola wrote: »

Protein and fat are essential macros, unlike carbs. Scraping by on the bare minimum just seems risky in so many ways.

I'm curious how you arrived at the conclusion that carbs are not essential macros.

For clarity's sake, protein and fat are essential nutrients (not essential macros) and carbs are not. You body can convert protein and to some degree fats into glucose through gluconeogenesis in the absence of carbs . That is why carbs are not considered "essential" in nutritional science. Just because carbs are not "essential" as a nutrient doesn't mean they can't be a valuable component of good nutrition and health.