Weight loss not noticed?

Options
So I know this is a fickle thing, but I'm down nearly 30 pounds and no one has said anything to me about it. I'm an apple body shape so maybe it's not as noticeable on me as other body types. But I have lost 6 inches off my waist.

Anyone else in the same boat as me?

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I get the frustration, but are you doing it for them or for you?
  • CryingBlue
    CryingBlue Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I get the frustration, but are you doing it for them or for you?

It's for me, but it's still nice to hear
  • jadebugs
    jadebugs Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    The Exact same boat. 27lbs down!
  • ccruz985
    ccruz985 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Around 30lbs or so is when people started noticing it on me. It'll come. And you're fabulous regardless.
  • AccountableAmber
    AccountableAmber Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Almost 40 lbs down and only my grandma has said she can tell. :# People will ask me how much I've lost, and I can tell they don't notice, and then they'll look at my boyfriend and say, "Wow, you really look like you lost weight." Side note, he's down 20. It sucks, but what you gon' do?
  • goldiejdb
    goldiejdb Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I’m in the same boat. I’ve lost 50 lbs but I swear it’s like no one sees it
  • Raven_Hawk
    Raven_Hawk Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    There will be a day where all of a sudden everyone notices. Where I work I get to see customers every 4 weeks and if one day I see they have lost weight and I say "wow you look great, you have lost weight", they will usually say "thanks, yeah I have lost 20 kilos". I always feel bad that I didn't notice but I guess that is the way it works.

I think if you go buy new fitting clothes and have a change of hair-do, then all of a sudden people just see the whole big difference.

Hang in, it will happen. 30lbs is great.
  • TnTHawkins
    TnTHawkins Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    You look great. I agree with another comment, do it for yourself and they will begin to notice. Keep up the good work and stay focused.
  • pogiguy05
    pogiguy05 Posts: 1,583 Member
    Options
    CryingBlue wrote: »
    So I know this is a fickle thing, but I'm down nearly 30 pounds and no one has said anything to me about it. I'm an apple body shape so maybe it's not as noticeable on me as other body types. But I have lost 6 inches off my waist.

Anyone else in the same boat as me?

Everyone should not be expecting anyone to notice a thing. You should be doing this for the most important person in your life and that is YOU. If you see and feel the changes then be happy with that. At least that is my take on it. I am doing this for me to be healthier and feel better. I have about 40lbs to go, but I already feel much better and that is what matters to me.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    I've lost around the same amount since the beginning of the year and no one has noticed a damned thing since I started.

I also went out of my way to not mention my "journey" to friends or family because I didn't want them asking me a million questions or asking me if I was "starving myself".

I've just gotten used to no one noticing much of anything in my life, tbh... and that includes the slow weight loss.

Then again, it may be that I've lost it sooooooo slowly that that's the reason no one has noticed. I agree with others, just hang in there. :)
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Many (most?) people tend to not like having their weight talked about. As such, many people don't talk about others' weights. Sure, many do, but it's kind of a weird situation.

I've noticed on people, but I tend to not say much, other than something along the lines of "you look different." I'd hate to be wrong, and have them think that I think they need(ed) to lose weight.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    When you start losing people may notice but can be hesitant to comment. As you go further into weight loss it becomes more dramatic and people will comment. When I got to my goal I was getting comments like "you lost so much weight, are you well?".
  • MissMaggieMuffin
    MissMaggieMuffin Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    In my experience, people who see me frequently don't notice (ie. co-workers, good friends) - and I can understand that. It's the people who haven't seen me for a while that notice. A few comment but many do not.
  • Nikitazilla
    Nikitazilla Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Just one of many ideas , but are you all "liked " by the people you are wanting to notice your loss? At my office, I am not all that nice, but people generally like me. When I was down 10-20-30 people noticed and commented. There is a woman I work with who no one likes. She is down 50 pounds and no one has said a thing. Now I'm sure people " notice" , but are hesitant to speak up depending on your relationship.
  • MelkaBielka
    MelkaBielka Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    there will be a day when suddenly everyone sees it and thats all they can talk about. I promise you, they will notice. They might already notice something, but they arent sure what it is and dont say anything until they figure out what it is.
  • laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Another possibility - are you still wearing the same clothes, or the same style of clothing? Weight loss can be masked by frumpy and ill-fitting clothing, and a 30 pound loss likely is making your clothes fit quite differently than they did when your body was larger.
  • scottma3
    scottma3 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    There was a time I was losing weight and wanted people to take notice as well. If its people that are seeing you everyday though, they arent as likely to notice the change because you lost the weight gradually in fron tof them. Its the people you havent seen in awhile that might notice more. Regardless, this is about you. Keep grinding it out and get to where you want to be. You can do this!!