Thanks MFP Community - I'm half way to goal & melting away ?

Options
bikecheryl
bikecheryl Posts: 1,432 Member
Yesterday a work colleague commented on how I was "melting" away ....... and then asked me what my secret was.

lol.......... well realistically I could have talked his ear off for a couple of hours about macro's and protein/carb/fat %'s and cardio+strength training, about the new rowing machine I got and smoothie makers, etc, etc, etc...... instead I just said:

I Log my food and make sure I get some exercise. It's all about calories in being less than calories out.

SW 288.0 lbs (April 10)
CW 220.5 lbs
GW 160.0 lbs

Whew.... can't believe I'm over half way to goal. :o

I guess my post here is like logging my meals every day...... if I say it out loud and put it to type.... it's real!

I look at my before pics with a kind of befuddlement. :/

I'm 58, I've got two really bad knees.... actually getting a knee replacement in the new year.

There are some days everything aches ..............and I haven't felt this good in YEARS! :)B)

I have no clue what goal is going to look or feel like..... I'll cross that bridge hopefully by next summer.

And I'm going to be a grandmother for the first time in Spring...... what better way to celebrate than to be the healthiest, happiest Grandma I can be! <3

For now..... thanks MFP and the MFP community !

You've been kind enough to answer my many questions.,.. have given me guidance and support without censure
and it's been very very very much appreciated.

To those in their 50's & 60's who think it is too late or too hard to lose weight ....... your wrong.
I'm not saying it's easy... hell no!
lol.... some days are diamonds, and some days are coal.
Faith in the process has made those coal days easier to deal with.

“The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams.” Oprah Winfrey

I can't wait to see where this adventure is going to take me next!

Stay strong everyone!

c1mauq686f22.jpg

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!