Not here to hook up!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• Athena98501
    Athena98501 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    e_falagan wrote: »
    Last I checked this was a weight loss tool app. So why am I getting messages from random shirtless guys saying things like "ur hot" or "dam u sexi" (as if anyone could even judge that based on a tiny profile pic)

First off, totally not. Secondly, I'm married. Happily. And have 2 kids.

I'm here to track calories and give/receive support from like minded people. Not to get weird messages from "sexyBigMuscles69".

Rant over.

Ok, because you asked (don't know if rhetorical or not), and without meaning to offend, it could be the cleavage. Not saying that's how it should be, just how it is.
  • shenanigans_
    shenanigans_ Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Damn...read that wrong
  • Gypsiii888
    Gypsiii888 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Go Astros !!!! ⭐️
  • VanishingNachos
    VanishingNachos Posts: 5,688 Member
    Options
    srsly? who'd've thunk it~
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Never had a problem, and my avi is scenic!
  • MarkE79
    MarkE79 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Looking for like minded folk to help keep my re-emergence on track! Add away people!
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I don't understand what the big deal is that women complain so much about it. If you are a woman in decent shape( or not) you get attention everywhere. You get hit on at the supermarket, bars, gyms etc, even though those places are not meant for that either.
    You're not interested, you ignore or say No thanks and move on.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    5 years on MFP and nary a dirty message. I thought guys liked tacos and *kitten*. I guess I was wrong.
  • bapcarrier
    bapcarrier Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    It's kind of creepy...I'm 70 years old and I've gotten a few too! Just for the fun of it I looked at the profiles and almost all of their friends were young attractive women some with quite revealing profile pictures. That's fine, I don't care what people use for their picture, but come on, if they had looked at my profile they would have seen my age. I'm not looking for a younger man, especially one trolling MFP LOL.
  • VanishingNachos
    VanishingNachos Posts: 5,688 Member
    Options
    i , for one, get really tired of all the wimmen-folk trying to get into my boxer shorts. I want to be known for my beautiful mind. for once, anyway~
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    i , for one, get really tired of all the wimmen-folk trying to get into my boxer shorts. I want to be known for my beautiful mind. for once, anyway~

Sorry but fix the pic so we can see lower down. Umm.. thank you. Ok .. joking!

bapcarrier.. you do look like a friendly lady. My palm tree at the beach isn't working. Maybe we should put up pics of one of those fish that go up guys doodles in the Amazon if they pee in it? That is not a good thing.
  • kenyonhaff
    kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    Problem is not nice guys writing sweet cute flirty messages on MFP.

Unfortunately a lot of dudes unclear on the difference between a flirt and a come on and even downright sexual harassment.

Not all guys of course. But too many.

And sure I can delete and block and I am no fragile snowflake. But I have had enough of crude and gross and disrespectful guys that unfortunately inhabit the Internet.
  • mockchoc
    Options
    kenyonhaff wrote: »
    Problem is not nice guys writing sweet cute flirty messages on MFP.

Unfortunately a lot of dudes unclear on the difference between a flirt and a come on and even downright sexual harassment.

Not all guys of course. But too many.

And sure I can delete and block and I am no fragile snowflake. But I have had enough of crude and gross and disrespectful guys that unfortunately inhabit the Internet.

I worry we as a society look at what men do too much and it's not all to do with men but what about the women?. Yes I guess it happens more. I'm not Ok with being sent photos of things I didn't ask to see... EVER. No one should have to see their bits unless they approved of it.
  • cynthiabickham
    cynthiabickham Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    I’ve gotten hit on, but I don’t mind it. Outside of this app I get ignored by guys because I’m just not confident or all that attractive. If the flirting on here gets uncomfortable I just ignore it. And yes this is a fitness app but there’s always going to be guys/girls that want to connect to someone they find attractive. It’s not a big deal, but that’s just me.
  • mockchoc
    Options
    I’ve gotten hit on, but I don’t mind it. Outside of this app I get ignored by guys because I’m just not confident or all that attractive. If the flirting on here gets uncomfortable I just ignore it. And yes this is a fitness app but there’s always going to be guys/girls that want to connect to someone they find attractive. It’s not a big deal, but that’s just me.

You are pretty. Never put yourself down.