Keto anyone?

Options
Just started keto diet 2 weeks ago. Thought maybe it would help my cycling. Looking for friends who might be able to KEEP ME AWAY FROM THE ICE CREAM!!!!!
*sigh*
;)

Replies

• GaugeGirlMikala
    GaugeGirlMikala Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Have you looked at Halo Ice Cream?
  • Skyler_mama
    Skyler_mama Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I am not doing keto but I have been abstaining from sugar, flour and wheat. I plan to do this long term and has nothing to do with losing weight. It is more of healthy leaving.
  • Vladaar
    Vladaar Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Hi There I would suggest joining the Keto group. There is also a Low Carb Diet Group both have tons of people that will provide support.
  • Athena98501
    Athena98501 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    If you intend to be keto, you could start making your own ice cream. There are also lots of keto-friendly desserts that are just as good. Fat bomb recipes are everywhere, but I also like whipping heavy cream until it's fairly thick (like mousse) with dark chocolate baking cocoa, a little vanilla extract, and topping it with raspberries. Very decadent, and so satisfying.
  • ginamisa
    ginamisa Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to live the Keto lifestyle as well... :-) What helped me was watching videos by Dr. Robert Lustig helped me kick the sugar habit, I still sometimes give in but its way lower amounts then what I did in the past. :-) Here's one of the links https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8G8tLsl_A4&feature=share

As well my husband fixes his ice-cream fix with cream cheese and canned whip cream... both Keto friendly...basically, a quick form of the keto Fat Bombs that he can quickly meet his ice cream cravings. :wink:
  • ginamisa
    ginamisa Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    As well, here is a pin that provides good ideas for keto swaps. www.pinterest.com/pin/204210164333152512
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    Just started keto diet 2 weeks ago. Thought maybe it would help my cycling. Looking for friends who might be able to KEEP ME AWAY FROM THE ICE CREAM!!!!!
    *sigh*
    ;)

You know, if you have problems staying on it, there's no reason to stay on it. You're only making things harder on yourself than they have to be.

Oh, also don't pay any attention to the youtube video and the sales pitch above.
  • Terracotta71
    Terracotta71 Posts: 12 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    @stevencloser -Actually- it’s going pretty good. I have celiac disease so the diet is kind of easy for me as I stay away from most grains and simple carbs anyway. I am looking to break away from sugar and hoping it helps my training/cycling.
  • Terracotta71
    Terracotta71 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    If you intend to be keto, you could start making your own ice cream. There are also lots of keto-friendly desserts that are just as good. Fat bomb recipes are everywhere, but I also like whipping heavy cream until it's fairly thick (like mousse) with dark chocolate baking cocoa, a little vanilla extract, and topping it with raspberries. Very decadent, and so satisfying.

Thanks for the advice. But I think I’m going to try and do this without substituting my bad choices with other things that might still create that craving for me. Basically doing non processed, Whole Foods. Very clean eating as I’m trying to train for the cycling season. But yes- have seen the fat bomb recipes and I know a lot of people love them.
    I have found roasted sunflower seeds in full fat cottage cheese is a nice carb fix for me. Not quite butter pecan ice cream but.....well it’s still good:) hahaha

• ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome. I suggest you check out the main low carber daily forum group here in MFP. It's one of several groups where most of us Ketophiles tend to hang out:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/discussions/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group