Keto Diet and Phentermine

Hello all,
I have been prescribed Phentermine as part of a weight loss program that I enrolled in a few months ago. The eating plan is high protein low carb. I have experienced minimal results and want to start a keto diet.

Does anyone have experience with taking Phentermine and following a keto diet? Were you able to loose weight? Did you face any specific challenges?

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    You lose weight through a consistent calorie defict. You're in a calorie deficit if you eat the amount of calories MFP suggests, provided you log correctly. The only way for calorie deficit to work, is through consistency. Whatever diet you can stick to, will work for you. Losing weight is so simple. Don't make it as hard as possible.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,727 Member
    anahi0224 wrote: »
    Hello all,
    I have been prescribed Phentermine as part of a weight loss program that I enrolled in a few months ago. The eating plan is high protein low carb. I have experienced minimal results and want to start a keto diet.

Does anyone have experience with taking Phentermine and following a keto diet? Were you able to loose weight? Did you face any specific challenges?

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

Isn't 60-90 days the normal course of Phentermine. And if so, how much longer will you be taking it?

Additionally, how much do you have to lose?

To add on to the other post, Phentermine "causes" weight loss primarily through appetite suppression... If it's not working for you, Then you're either not sticking with the diet plan, or the diet plan isn't appropriate for your goals.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Keto has worked for me but I have never taken phentermine.
  • amyepdx
    amyepdx Posts: 750 Member
    Yes in 1995 - phentermine & 500 cals a day protein keto - not smart. I didn’t think that craziness was still happening. Oh and btw, and lost 40 and gained 100.