Bloating

This week is my first week of really eating healthy and working out. I also started up again on drinking Shakeology (Beachbody's shake). I feel more bloated and constipated than when I eat bad. Any advice on getting rid of it or what I need to be doing differently in my diet?

Thanks

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    nrkelly04 wrote: »
    This week is my first week of really eating healthy and working out. I also started up again on drinking Shakeology (Beachbody's shake). I feel more bloated and constipated than when I eat bad. Any advice on getting rid of it or what I need to be doing differently in my diet?

Thanks

How much fiber are you eating?
  • tiffaninghs
    tiffaninghs Posts: 200 Member
    sounds like my 1st 6 months of being vegan.. give ur body time to adjust to the sudden change. drink more water and make sure u arent eating foods that make us retain water naturally
  • polarbeariana
    polarbeariana Posts: 2 Member
    I used to eat just cookies and reeses, after switching to veggies i got super bloated but it starts to subside, just ride it out!
  • lucerorojo
    lucerorojo Posts: 790 Member
    You shouldn't be constipated if you are eating more fruits and vegetables. That's a lot of change--to change the diet AND add that shake. Maybe wait until your body feels comfortable with the new healthier food and then try the shake?
  • _AshLynn
    _AshLynn Posts: 134 Member
    It definitely has an adjustment period when you introduce a new way of eating or a new product. Time and water I would think are going to be your best friends. Also, keep your fiber intake up so that will eventually help your body out a tremendous amount.

I also don't know much about Shakeology...but if it is a high Whey protein drink it might be the reason you are getting all the digestive issues...maybe try looking for a different type of protein drink, because Whey comes in different forms (isolate, concentrate, etc.) and some bother people more so than others.

I went through a similar issue when I first went vegan like the above poster too, but time and water and it went away.