Changing the goal

I met my goal, but I can’t seem to change my goal correctly. My daily calorie budget was 2080 when I was losing weight. Now that I am in maintenance mode my daily calorie budget is 2040! What is the process to properly reset my goal?

Replies

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,809 Member
    Web version....
    My Home / Goals / View Guided Setup / What is your goal? - choose "Maintain current weight" / Update Profile

Or my preference....
    My Home / Goals / Daily Nutrition Goals / then manually overwrite your calorie goal / Save Changes.
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 5,075 Member
    that's funny. I just updated mine to maintain this morning also and it did the same thing. The base calories are less than what I had previously set at losing. I played around with it and mostly I think the setting is picking up your BMR and then it starts adding for total allowed. probably because I set it to sedentary. The expectation tho is that you are eating back up to your TDEE. Mine is linked to my fitbit so it has already given me an extra 600 or so for today.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,463 Member
    I lost most my weight eating at 1700 but my maintenance is 1600. Go figure. No wonder I never lost the last 3-5 lbs.
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    As your weight goes down your basic caloric needs decrease some. When you set up your diet goal you were at a higher weight. And yes, as mentioned above, it does start with your estimated BMR ... age, sex, height, weight ... and then factors by a percentage based on your normal activity level, (sans exercise - which is the part you get to add in to keep your calories constant).