Walk to Mordor

Options

Replies

• Faelwyn_the_Rising_Phoenix
    Options
    Eire228 wrote: »
    Hey everyone! So, I started using this app called Walk to Mordor and I'm loving it! So far I've walked from Hobbitton to Tookland and am now 12.42 miles away from Encounter with the Black Rider.
    With the app you log your miles (or km) and it calculates them into where you would be on the journey that Frodo and Sam took in LOTR. :) The whole journey is 1,932 miles which is gonna be over a year for me. :o
    Who wants to travel with me?

O
    M
    G

Where has this been all my life?? Looking it up now. Thank you!

:D Welcome to the Fellowship! B)
    Aw, it's giving me an error message when I try to sign up. :(

Hmmm.... not sure why that would be. Maybe try uninstalling and reinstalling?
  • lowjax75
    lowjax75 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Aw, it's giving me an error message when I try to sign up. :(

It's a bit of a buggy app. What's the error it's giving you?

And Welcome to the fellowship!

• Eire228
    Eire228 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Thank you! :)

I'm going to try when I get home, I have a feeling it may have something to do with internet security at work. The error is about the network server. If that doesn't work, I'll try uninstalling and reinstalling. :)
    Options
    Resistive wrote: »
    But I would walk 500 miles
    And I would walk 500 more
    Just to be the man who walked a 1000 miles
    To finally reach Gondor?

Hehehe I love it! :D
  • Eire228
    Eire228 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Yay I'm in! I should've gone for my run after logging in.. I ran 4.6 miles, but would've pushed for 5 had I known it would get me to Tookland. ;)
  • lowjax75
    Options
    Yay I'm in! I should've gone for my run after logging in.. I ran 4.6 miles, but would've pushed for 5 had I known it would get me to Tookland. ;)

Great job!
    Options

I'm glad you got it to work. :) Great run!
  • lowjax75
    Options
    Ugh, going to be a very low day today. Worked from my home office for about 10 hours today. Did some yoga to a video tonight and now wrapping up the day. I'll be lucky to get a mile in.
    Options
    lowjax75 wrote: »
    Ugh, going to be a very low day today. Worked from my home office for about 10 hours today. Did some yoga to a video tonight and now wrapping up the day. I'll be lucky to get a mile in.

We could always say the trolls kidnapped you and were trying to cook you in their soup... >:)

Seriously though, yoga is a good exercise to do. Maybe your body needed the break. :)
  • lowjax75
    Options

We could always say the trolls kidnapped you and were trying to cook you in their soup... >:)

Seriously though, yoga is a good exercise to do. Maybe your body needed the break. :)

I’ll go with the trolls idea. 0.64 miles today. Tomorrow will be better.
  • Jokeen16
    Jokeen16 Posts: 253 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    3.54 miles today

7.33 miles to midgewater marshes east
    Options
    Joshearing wrote: »
    3.54 miles today

7.33 miles to midgewater marshes east

Great job! :)
  • amandaeve
    amandaeve Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    My bf and I are going on vacation in March and need to get used to walking lonnnnng distances. He listened to the entire Lord of the Rings series on auiobook while walking, so this app is perfect. Feel free to add me!
  • lowjax75
    Options
    amandaeve wrote: »
    My bf and I are going on vacation in March and need to get used to walking lonnnnng distances. He listened to the entire Lord of the Rings series on auiobook while walking, so this app is perfect. Feel free to add me!

Welcome to the fellowship!

Faelwyn_the_Rising_Phoenix Posts: 372 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    amandaeve wrote: »

That's awesome! I should do that while walking...
    Welcome to the Fellowship. :)
    Options
    1.8 Miles today
    13.51 Miles to Midgewater Marshes (East)
  • lowjax75
    Options
    1.8 Miles today
    13.51 Miles to Midgewater Marshes (East)

Nice job. Almost identical numbers for me. 1.86 miles today.

15.02 miles to Midgewater Marshes (East)
  • fostersu
    fostersu Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Love it. Setting up now.
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Options
    This is such a neat app! I've got it downloaded - now I'm just waiting for the weather to break so I can start walking :)

A pipe dream of mine would be to find an app with a map of Middle Earth and the mileage between various locations marked so you could pick a place you wanted to start and place you wanted to go with maybe a little pop up at certain milestones with quotes or random encounters :) So I could, for example, travel from Bree to the Iron Hills or walk the length of Gondor with some of the random encounters describing scenes that I might see, or surprise run ins with elves or dwarves or even little surprise encounters like running into a band of pirates around Dol Amroth or goblins while crossing the High Pass.

I know, that's a huge project and shows that I'm a total geek, but a person can dream, right? lol