Walk to Mordor

Replies

• fostersu
    fostersu Posts: 327 Member
    36 miles to “three days after Rivendell” got to say - not into the vaguely named landmarks- but better that than 150miles between then!
  • fostersu wrote: »
    36 miles to “three days after Rivendell” got to say - not into the vaguely named landmarks- but better that than 150miles between then!

Yeah, the landmark names are..vague. However, I like reading the bit that goes with them. :D
    2.79 Miles yesterday

I reached a new milestone! :) (3 Days after Weathertop)

60.78 Miles to Trollshaws

• Eire228
    Eire228 Posts: 238 Member
    2.79 Miles yesterday

I reached a new milestone! :) (3 Days after Weathertop)

60.78 Miles to Trollshaws

Congratulations!!! :)
  • @Eire228 Thank you!

2.65 Miles yesterday

58.31 Miles to Trollshaws
  • TEQWAR
    TEQWAR Posts: 1,616 Member
    @Eire228 Thank you!

2.65 Miles yesterday

Sweet! You'll have the Trollshaws (and Bilbo's Trolls) in the bag in no time at this rate! Although, you'd need a big bag to fit three trolls! :)

I didn't think I'd have any time to get out over the weekend but I managed 3.15 miles yesterday and, in my early morning quest for coffee this am, got another 5.39 miles in today - bringing me to 1.55 miles to Tower of Cirith Ungol and 316.55 miles to the end.
  • TEQWAR wrote: »
    @Eire228 Thank you!

2.65 Miles yesterday

Sweet! You'll have the Trollshaws (and Bilbo's Trolls) in the bag in no time at this rate! Although, you'd need a big bag to fit three trolls! :)

I didn't think I'd have any time to get out over the weekend but I managed 3.15 miles yesterday and, in my early morning quest for coffee this am, got another 5.39 miles in today - bringing me to 1.55 miles to Tower of Cirith Ungol and 316.55 miles to the end.

I think I'll need a bag made by Gandalf or the elves. ;)

That's some quest for coffee! Great job! I bet that coffee sure tasted good. :)
  • TEQWAR
    I love my coffee and the fresher the better! One of the UK's best coffee importers is only a couple of miles from my current location this weekend, so I'd have been beyond foolish not to avail myself of a bag of one of their fine wares, freshly ground! :smiley:
    I love my coffee and the fresher the better! One of the UK's best coffee importers is only a couple of miles from my current location this weekend, so I'd have been beyond foolish not to avail myself of a bag of one of their fine wares, freshly ground! :smiley:

I think I would have to agree. Enjoy! :)
  • 2.68 Miles yesterday

55.45 Miles to Trollshaws
  • Eire228
    5k race this morning. 11.8 miles until Old Man Willow.
  • fostersu
    Ok I’ve been off my game for a while - back at it tomorrow full bore.
    Meanwhile- 27 miles till 3 days after Rivendell
  • Eire228 wrote: »
    5k race this morning. 11.8 miles until Old Man Willow.

Awesome! Great job! :smiley:
    fostersu wrote: »
    Ok I’ve been off my game for a while - back at it tomorrow full bore.
    Meanwhile- 27 miles till 3 days after Rivendell

Welcome back! :)

2.46 Miles yesterday

52.99 Miles to Trollshaws
  • TEQWAR
    Good to see all your progress! The fellowship marches onwards. :)
    Back home and back in my hiking boots again. Got 10.71 miles under my belt this morning - decided to walk to the office rather than drive. 4.95 miles till Sam Sees A Star. Perhaps he should look up more often and spend less time staring at his furry toes! :smiley:
    Good to see all your progress! The fellowship marches onwards. :)
    Back home and back in my hiking boots again. Got 10.71 miles under my belt this morning - decided to walk to the office rather than drive. 4.95 miles till Sam Sees A Star. Perhaps he should look up more often and spend less time staring at his furry toes! :smiley:

:)

Bet if feels good to be back in your hiking boots. 10.71 miles -
    great job!

LOL Poor hobbit, for being such a support for Frodo he didn't have anyone to help him. Maybe then he would have looked up more. ;)
  • fostersu
    Evening everyone! 10 miles for me! Best I’ve done in 2 weeks
  • HappyEight
    HappyEight Posts: 40 Member
    I'm totally getting behind this! Downloaded and logged for today! Username vimtuous if anyone wants to be friends
  • fostersu wrote: »

Fantastic! :)
    HappyEight wrote: »
    I'm totally getting behind this! Downloaded and logged for today! Username vimtuous if anyone wants to be friends

Welcome to the Fellowship! :) I tried looking you up but it didn't come up with anything. Feel free to send me a request; Faelwyn

1.82 Miles yesterday

51.17 Miles to Trollshaws
  • Eire228
    fostersu wrote: »

Well done!!
  • GetFit0767
    GetFit0767 Posts: 31 Member
    Reached Rivendell and off to Lothlorien . . . Now traveling with the entire Fellowship.

Total miles so far = 486

I'm out in the empty country (rough and barren). Crossed a small stream a short while back.
  • TEQWAR
    7.67 miles today and another milestone down. 24.28 miles Finish Faramir's Food and 296.28 miles to journey's end.