Measurements

Options
Do any of you take weekly measurements? I just started and the first week I'm down half an inch on legs and hips and maybe a fraction of an inch everywhere else. I have no reference, is that even possible
or are these just measurement errors from not being in the exact same spot? How fast do you see inches disappear? For the record I'm 5'9 and 168 and pear shaped.

Replies

• VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    I do take them regularly. They reduced really quickly at first now they move slower.
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,718 Member
    Options
    I take measurements once a month. As VintageFeline noted, the shrinkage slows down as you lose weight. No matter, just a way to keep myself on track.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    at the MOST i do measurements once a month. thats one of those things that tend to take awhile to show up and for me at least, i wouldnt see a measurable change any more than monthly. weekly would jut tick me off.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Measurements do move steadily, but there can also be errors in site or how you hold the tape, or being bloated one day, etc. Measurements do not always move in lock step with the pounds. Sometimes it's more of one, sometimes more of the other. But it gives you another benchmark.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    I stopped taking them as regularly as I used to because I'm bad at being consistent with tape placement.
  • davidylin
    davidylin Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I take measurements every time I feel like I need new clothes. Roughly quarterly.