Finding pants problems

Options
Hey MFP I have lost some weight and now my pants don’t fit. Yay! And no lol I’m in between sizes so finding new pants is hard. The sensible thing would be to wear a belt, however I’m allergic to nickel which is like every belt buckle ever. Anyone have any suggestions?

Replies

• SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,211 Member
    Options
    Thrift stores!
  • Athena98501
    Athena98501 Posts: 716 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    It would depend on your size, but I believe 14 and up have the added flexibility of the W in-between option, which could help. There are also some nickel free belts, but you would probably have to look online.

ETA: Sizes vary between brands pretty significantly, so it could be worth trying on both sizes in a variety of brands.
  • Jennifer76elena
    Jennifer76elena Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Start going to thrift shoppes and buying pants in smaller sizes, so as you lose weight, you will have a variety at home... you can donate the bigger ones you no longer need...
    Also stretchy pants with elastic waist are amazing.
    Save your best pair for work/important stuff...
    I wear yoga pants or mens sleep pants (fleece or flannel) at home during the day and to sleep in.
    I save my best fitting pants for when I leave house.
    I am a size 14/16 (US) right now in pants, but used to be a 10/12 and so I have many jeans, dress pants for work and pants for at home in sizes 10, 12, 14 and 16...
    When I find a good pair that fits my figure, I buy 2 in size I am now and 1 in lower and 1 in higher.
    My weight fluctuates so much because if some health issues I have, and well fitting pants are hard to find, so I keep all the sizes and store them in boxes for each of the sizes
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Try a different store/brand. No sizing is the same, so being "between" sizes doesn't have enough to be a thing.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Try this website:
    http://sizes.darkgreener.com/

It gives you the closest size to your measurement and recommends a specific retailer with sizes closest to yours.
  • crazykatlady820
    crazykatlady820 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Drawstrings are your friend. Also try different stores because many brands are different.
  • crackpotbaby
    crackpotbaby Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Get your old ones taken in for the interim.
  • Fyreside
    Fyreside Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Gold plated belt buckle... Not as hard or expensive as you might think.
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    Buy leggings. Have someone you trust help you squat test them.
  • davidylin
    davidylin Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    They do make brass and zinc belt buckles you can shop for online. Uniform supply stores (school uniforms, military, etc.) should actually have a few on hand if you prefer hands-on shopping. Most belts can be retrofitted for universal buckles.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    dresses and skirts. pants with elastic waists
  • saraonly9913
    saraonly9913 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I second thrift stores.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    NelliR86 wrote: »
    Hey MFP I have lost some weight and now my pants don’t fit. Yay! And no lol I’m in between sizes so finding new pants is hard. The sensible thing would be to wear a belt, however I’m allergic to nickel which is like every belt buckle ever. Anyone have any suggestions?

Elastic waists, stretchy pants, add drawstrings. Get pants tailored.

There are belts without metal.
    This one has velcro. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N17PRRC
    There are also plastic closures. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01D1HAV9I?psc=1
  • NelliR86
    NelliR86 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Start going to thrift shoppes and buying pants in smaller sizes, so as you lose weight, you will have a variety at home... you can donate the bigger ones you no longer need...
    Also stretchy pants with elastic waist are amazing.
    Save your best pair for work/important stuff...
    I wear yoga pants or mens sleep pants (fleece or flannel) at home during the day and to sleep in.
    I save my best fitting pants for when I leave house.
    I am a size 14/16 (US) right now in pants, but used to be a 10/12 and so I have many jeans, dress pants for work and pants for at home in sizes 10, 12, 14 and 16...
    When I find a good pair that fits my figure, I buy 2 in size I am now and 1 in lower and 1 in higher.
    My weight fluctuates so much because if some health issues I have, and well fitting pants are hard to find, so I keep all the sizes and store them in boxes for each of the sizes

Thank you sooo much for all the info. You’re a great help. I wear yoga pants at home all the time but going to thrift stores sounds like a great solution. I love being able to have all the different sizes so I’m definitely going to be going soon especially since they have 50% off deals during the holidays. Thanks again!
  • NelliR86
    NelliR86 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the responses. You guys are great! I’m definitely going to go to thrift stores and checking out the fabric belts.