Call the cops or nah?

Options
2»

Replies

• Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    i vote call the cops and let them deal with it.

when in doubt call the cops.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    while you guys were debating to call the cops or not, i called and it kept one neighbor from dying and the other in jail

How did you do that? Do you know where the op lives?
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,125 Member
    Options
    The safe bet is to call. Just report it as a possible domestic in progress. You can request to remain anonymous if that’s a concern.

Once the officers are on scene and if there are signs of assault they have no choice but to make an arrest.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I think any time you fear someone is in danger it is a good idea to go ahead and call the police. If it is nothing serious they will check it out and go away. Better to be safe than sorry.
  • Sunnybrooke99
    Sunnybrooke99 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I’d call. I’ve been in an abusive relationship before. I couldn’t call bc he’d know, and he’d just see it as me being crazy and exaggerating, which would have made things worse for me. If someone else does it, then the abuser (or both of them) might see that they really are getting out of hand.
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,231 Member
    Options
    @lizery OP
    What happened? Anything to report?
  • deputy_randolph
    deputy_randolph Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    I was at Chipotle having lunch when a customer came in and started screaming at the manager and taunting the manager to hit him.

I called the police and went outside to finish my burrito. Always call the police...it is their job to deal with potentially violent situations.
  • crackpotbaby
    crackpotbaby Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Jimb376mfp wrote: »
    @lizery OP
    What happened? Anything to report?

Nothing to report. I didn’t hear anything else from that house yesterday/last night but I didn’t sit around listening for it either.

Not sure if the police went there or not; again, wasn’t hanging around trying to catch a glimpse.

I feel comfortable that it was the right thing to do.

Not much of a story, sorry. That’s probably a good thing.

• Lean59man
    Lean59man Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    The police have caller ID and know it's you when you call them.

Just to let you know there is no such thing as an anonymous call unless you use a pay phone.